The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-26-2017, 04:35 AM

Default Bob Dylan - Knocking on Heavens Door ( singing )

So. There we go. 'Singing' it is :-D A little variation wouldn't harm me, I thought.

I've been practising for 7 months or so. And thought it was time to share my voice with you :P.

If it sucks; please butcher me I would like to know what I'm doing wrong.

And If I'm doing something right you can tell me as well =D

My guitar is a little bit on the soft side, or my vocals are to loud - that could be it as well. But that's something for the next one :P

https://soundcloud.com/user-31614404...1/knockingcsis

Hope to hear from you!

I will upload videos on a regular basis; enjoy
Old 07-26-2017, 08:59 AM
Guest 33123

Well done Rick! Singing and playing is tough! Just work on your pitch control and diction a bit more.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:07 PM

I got the reverse problem - guitar too loud, voice too soft. Hey, maybe we should team up.

I listened to your "Imagine" cover also. The vocals are a little reminiscent of Lennon on that one.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Well done Rick! Singing and playing is tough! Just work on your pitch control and diction a bit more.
Thanks, doug!

So i'm initially on pitch, but then I go off it or something like that?

I have a tough time judging myself.. :P

Old 07-27-2017, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'nCrunch View Post
I got the reverse problem - guitar too loud, voice too soft. Hey, maybe we should team up.

I listened to your "Imagine" cover also. The vocals are a little reminiscent of Lennon on that one.
oh, well For me it's just a turn of a knob, haha.

My imagine cover.. I think I talk instead of sing on that one ^_^

Old 07-27-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickb View Post
Thanks, doug!

So i'm initially on pitch, but then I go off it or something like that?

I have a tough time judging myself.. :P
That's it you're initially on pitch but on some words for any reason the voice get out of pitch, for example the second "ma" of "mama" at the beginning is higher pitched than the first "ma" a bit out of tune in my opinion, but otherwise the voice is nice and mellow, you sing way better than me haha, maybe just try to correct the pitch on some syllabs, you can successfully use the notes on the guitar for having a reference point to aim, that's what I do as I'm a terrible singer and everything tends to get out of pitch otherwise, the instrument can be very helpful there
Jackson US Soloist

Youtube - Reverbnation - Twitter - Facebook

Old 07-28-2017, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Madsen View Post
That's it you're initially on pitch but on some words for any reason the voice get out of pitch, for example the second "ma" of "mama" at the beginning is higher pitched than the first "ma" a bit out of tune in my opinion, but otherwise the voice is nice and mellow, you sing way better than me haha, maybe just try to correct the pitch on some syllabs, you can successfully use the notes on the guitar for having a reference point to aim, that's what I do as I'm a terrible singer and everything tends to get out of pitch otherwise, the instrument can be very helpful there
Thank sfor your comment!

Yeah, I do what you say It all comes in time. You should have heard me the first I 'sang' in a microphone :O The difference is insane

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell