The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 09-08-2018, 02:57 AM

Default Youtube Channel for ukulele beginner

My wife is starting ukulele without any prior musical experience.

She is looking for an easy to follow youtube lesson(s) for complete beginners, so I would like to ask You guys for recommendations?

It seriously needs to be very, very simple... Her upbringing always included counting to three before singing a song in 4/4...

Help her, please?
Old 09-08-2018, 06:32 AM

Go to the website Ukulele Underground, on the home page below the site name you can click on "How to play Ukulele". There is a very good Ukulele 100 basic beginners progressive course. It will take someone from rank beginner to an advanced level so it does have a lot of content. It is really really good at explaining the basics and starting someone out in a simple but correct way.

Tell your wife to become a member, fabulous community of friendly helpful people. You will find me there under the same user name as here
Old 09-10-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
Go to the website Ukulele Underground, on the home page below the site name you can click on "How to play Ukulele".
Thanks, man!

I passed the information on... We'll see what happens...
Old 09-11-2018, 12:11 PM

In addition to DownUpDave's recommendation for UU+, I would add:

James Hill's The Ukulele Way. He is a music educator and amazing musician. I believe his site is unmatched in teaching quality:

https://www.theukuleleway.com/

Also, check out Ukulele Tricks. Bret does a very nice job, as well. In my opinion, both are vastly superior to UU+, particularly for the beginner. That's my opinion, and it's worth exactly what you paid. LOL.

Both offer some free lessons to get her started and the subscriptions are very reasonably priced for the quality of the content.

Good luck to her!

Last edited by Ukulele_Eddie; 09-11-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele_Eddie View Post
Both offer some free lessons to get her started and the subscriptions are very reasonably price for the quality of the content.

Good luck to her!
Thank You, Sir!
Old 09-15-2018, 08:29 PM

I would also suggest Michael Lynch Ukulele on youtube. He does really good basic instruction. A lot of his stuff has words and chords with grids on screen that moves as he plays through the tunes. He does a wide variety of songs also. I think he's pretty good for what he focuses on.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:02 PM

I'm a big fan of Cynthia Lin on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/user/cynthialinmusic/videos you can download lead sheets for the songs she does and I think she does a very nice job of walking you through strums, chords, and playing songs.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments