The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-21-2019, 03:15 PM

Try to find a SCGC Otis Taylor 'Chicago" model......Your budget should allow for a used one..........Perfect for the sound you want.

Life is a journey...not a guided tour...
Old 02-22-2019, 10:32 PM

Default One of each?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolbury View Post
I haven't played most of the guitars you listed, but I did play a Martin 000 28 yesterday, pretty great guitar. Have you seen Maurys Youtube comparisons of CEO 7 and 000 18? Very informative, the CEO-7 hold up well! But after playing the 000-28, and seeing these comparisons, I think my Collings 0002h outshines them all. I know by this point its all personal preference, but if you have an opportunity to play a 00 or 000 Collings, Im sure it would be another great contender. And just so you know its not simply brand loyalty driving this opinion(I have a vintage Gibby), I played a Collings C10 yesterday, and though it was nice, it didn't compare to my 000. Good luck on your search!
Yes, I've seen Maury's comparo of those boxes. "Boxes"...here I am, a relative newb, typical dorc with money to throw at guitars I don't play very well. Humility restored.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion