The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-27-2023, 01:26 AM

Default Direct Box DI Telefunken TDP - TDA

Does anyone of you have experience with Telefunken direct boxes?
I'm looking for a direct box that sounds good to connect a Yamaha Silent guitar, it has an active preamp
Old 12-27-2023, 02:18 AM

I always just plugged my SLG200S and SLG110 straight into the PA system. Never felt a need for a DI box.
Old 12-27-2023, 11:23 AM

I use the Yamaha Silent Guitar. It's never been picky about any DI box that it's been hooked up to.

Are you looking for just a simple DI box, or do you need it to have other features on it, too? I use a Baggs Session DI with it.
Old 12-27-2023, 11:46 AM

I had the LR Baggs Session, a great preamp with overdrive, I used it on a guitar with Nylon strings and I had the K&K sound pure classic pickup. Unfortunately, I sold my entire setup and I currently have a Luthier classical guitar and I amplify it with the Neumann MCM 114 mic, since that setup is for concerts with a good PA system and those conditions are not always there, I chose to look for an electroacoustic guitar, or better said, an electric guitar with Nylon strings, that's how I found the Yamaha Silent SLG200NW that has the SRT system, I use this guitar for concerts with a simple PA system or in situations where there is no good PA system, hence the question, I want to obtain a durable direct box (I am not one of those who easily sells the things I acquire over time), and that gives a good signal, in that sense I am seduced by the Telefunken box and thus get away a little from the famous Radial DI, either the Pro series or the "J" series.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
direct box, telefunken, yamaha silent guitar