The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-15-2021, 07:42 AM

I recently purchased an Esteso, having tried Kenny Hill models, and various Cordobas. My intent was to get a cedar top to pair with my GK Pro, spruce and maple, which is bright.

Received help from my teacher who played some of the upper frets and demo the range in the instruments. Despite tight quality controls, there is variation within instruments which does not equate to price. For example, to me, the Esteso was every bit the instrument as the pricier Frederich model.

The Kenny Hills were very playable and well built, only reason I didn’t buy was the similarity to what I already had.

If you can find a seller-retailer willing to allow you a few weeks to test out an instrument, I highly recommend it. To me, buying online or at point of sale is challenging.

Best wishes in your journey, let us know where you land.
Old 05-15-2021, 08:11 PM

Thanks fitness1, that’s sounds sweet.

Ceciltguitars, thank you. I will.

JonWer, the Esteso sounds very nice. A bit out of my range as I am looking for a nice entry level classical. Maybe down the road as I progress. Finding a retailer that lets you play it for a bit, as you suggest, would be phenomenal. However, at this point I’d just be happy with finding a retailer that carries a variety of Cordoba luthier and master series. Today I drove approx 45 minutes to a retailer that has a C10 in stock, cedar. Sounded lovely. Booming little box.

Maybe I am asking too much, but they will not order a guitar unless I pay for it. I am not unsympathetic and understand the concern of having excess inventory that is not moving. But, as a consumer, I am not spending that money and trading in my 214ce-N for something I’m not sure is what I am looking for. So, shall continue my search.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical