The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-15-2021, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Default PRS SE Hollowbody

Even though my heart is kind of set on buying a Heritage H-530 (see my thread in this forum) yesterday I stopped into my local shop and tried out the imported PRS SE Hollowbody they have. Wow, what a nice guitar. I have not paid any attention at all to the PRS imports but they did a nice job on this one. I'm not a huge fan of humbucking pickups but these sounded sweet and full at clean amp settings. If they offered it with good P90's I might even buy one. Anyone here have any experience with this model?
Old 04-15-2021, 09:51 AM
Charter Member

There are a few of the SE models with soapbar P90 pick-ups that are hollow or semi hollow. If you search "PRS SE Soapbar" on Reverb some will pop up. I have an SE Soapbar baritone that is semi hollow. It's a great guitar!
Old 04-15-2021, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
There are a few of the SE models with soapbar P90 pick-ups that are hollow or semi hollow. If you search "PRS SE Soapbar" on Reverb some will pop up. I have an SE Soapbar baritone that is semi hollow. It's a great guitar!
I don't think there are any fully hollow SE guitars with P90's but if I'm wrong I'll be happy to be wrong!
Old 04-15-2021, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29er View Post
I don't think there are any fully hollow SE guitars with P90's but if I'm wrong I'll be happy to be wrong!
Maybe not, I'm not sure. I know mine is very light, so it's MOSTLY hollow, but it may not be completely hollow.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Even though my heart is kind of set on buying a Heritage H-530 (see my thread in this forum) yesterday I stopped into my local shop and tried out the imported PRS SE Hollowbody they have. Wow, what a nice guitar. I have not paid any attention at all to the PRS imports but they did a nice job on this one. I'm not a huge fan of humbucking pickups but these sounded sweet and full at clean amp settings. If they offered it with good P90's I might even buy one. Anyone here have any experience with this model?
I bought the SE Hollowbody II Piezo. I am in love with this guitar. I am a beginner...started with an Eastman E6OM, briefly had a seagull, and have a little Alvarez mahogany for travel. I still have the Alvarez and the PRS. The PRS is the only guitar I want to pick up. Thin, light, huge amount of tones...I even like to play it without plugging it in. It sounds so great clean on the neck pickup with some piezo blended in. I have the Yamaha THR30ii and sometimes I play just the piezo on the acoustic setting with some effects. So much fun! Hope you get one!
Emerald X30 Woody
Traveler EG-1 Custom
Old 04-15-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
I bought the SE Hollowbody II Piezo. I am in love with this guitar. I am a beginner...started with an Eastman E6OM, briefly had a seagull, and have a little Alvarez mahogany for travel. I still have the Alvarez and the PRS. The PRS is the only guitar I want to pick up. Thin, light, huge amount of tones...I even like to play it without plugging it in. It sounds so great clean on the neck pickup with some piezo blended in. I have the Yamaha THR30ii and sometimes I play just the piezo on the acoustic setting with some effects. So much fun! Hope you get one!
I've read fantastic reviews about this guitar. It's one of the more expensive SEs (if not the most expensive) but worth it.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
That Piezo model really seems sweet. It must be because they seem to be sold out everywhere.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:53 PM

Yes, I shopped for mine hard. Got it in February. I must have watched this 20 times before I got it.

https://youtu.be/w2in7FmuX-E

Now, they seem even harder to get ahold of. I got the brown one. A friend of mine has the blue and it’s gorgeous, too.

I think PRS knocked it out of the park with this model.
Emerald X30 Woody
Traveler EG-1 Custom
Old 04-15-2021, 03:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
That Piezo model ... seem to be sold out everywhere.
Might be. None at Willcutt, where I bought my SE Hollowbody Piezo last summer. Yes, my blue one is gorgeous, Carol!

They've got Core models though...only costs you about $3,000 additional!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars