The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-03-2021, 09:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
A new video for you all.
This is a song by Australian country singer Troy Casser-Daley, called "LAdies of my life"
I recorded this one a little differently than my previous ones. The camera and mic are only about 2' away instead of approx 2mtrs.
Hope you enjoy!
Outstanding! Looks like you've found the distance/setting that works well for you! Great singing/playing as well!
Old 01-03-2021, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Outstanding! Looks like you've found the distance/setting that works well for you! Great singing/playing as well!
Thank you very much Jim, that means a lot!!
I'll ensure to keep using this set up!
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 01-04-2021, 11:14 AM

Default Just Ordered One

FYI, I just ordered a Shure Motiv MV88+ on sale from B&H Photo for $174 plus tax. This is with the "old packaging". The version with "new packaging" is going for $249. When I asked about the difference between the two, the B&H response was:
"The only difference is the outside packaging."
Old 01-09-2021, 07:50 AM

Default Shure MV88 - iPhone v MacBook Pro

My Shure MV88 just arrived. I was thinking of using it to record to my MacBook Pro (which might require some special cable) and using the Photo Booth app. My assumption was that both audio and video would be of higher quality that way.

On the other hand, it seems most people just use their iPhones and seem happy enough with it.

Does this group think any betterment in A/V on the MacBook Pro would be speculative, marginal, and just not worth the time, all things considered?
Old 01-26-2021, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Dijohn View Post
My Shure MV88 just arrived. I was thinking of using it to record to my MacBook Pro (which might require some special cable) and using the Photo Booth app. My assumption was that both audio and video would be of higher quality that way.

On the other hand, it seems most people just use their iPhones and seem happy enough with it.

Does this group think any betterment in A/V on the MacBook Pro would be speculative, marginal, and just not worth the time, all things considered?
Sorry for the late reply - just saw this. The resolution in Photobooth is only 640x480 - your iPhone will do MUCH better. From my perspective, you'd be better off going with the iPhone. I use my Apple Watch to start/stop the video on the iPhone, as well.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:48 PM

Time for a couple more videos!
I've just got hold of a Baritone guitar, and thought I'd have record a couple of songs.
Now, just in case you think this song is familiar, I did share a Facebook video of this a few months ago, but that was on my standard acoustic guitar tuned from E-E, with a capo on the 6th fret.
This time around, the Baritone is in standard B-B tuning.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:49 PM

And lastly, this is Bob Seger's "Turn The Page"
Old 04-20-2021, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

Zandit75, very nice! Thanks for sharing those with us. You are using that MV88+ nicely.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD