The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-23-2019, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
The June series seems to be moving very s l o w l y......................
It's a bold move, making one model (with variations) the entire Series. Kinda like doing a Select Series all with their Balor Bass.

Give it time. The X30 appeals to a pretty specific buyer; as with the burst finish. It may have been "safer" to do a variety of models in the Series, but I don't think Emerald has been all about doing the safe thing.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
It's a bold move, making one model (with variations) the entire Series. Kinda like doing a Select Series all with their Balor Bass.
Indeed. Only one of the six is a ‘standard’ model. Also, $3k+ is hardly an impulse purchase.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 06-23-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:19 PM
Guest 928

As eatswodo notes, there are no impulse purchases here. And as the Captain notes, give them time. If not sold quickly these exotic instruments will become part of an incredible, available stock. they are marvelous musical pieces of art.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:40 AM

After listening to this video for at least the sixth time, I have to say (in my not so humble and biased opinion) this is the best sounding collection of guitars I've ever heard. To my ear, you can't find a better sound at this price point. Yes, there can be one-off examples or boutique's that cost 3 times the money that may have a slight edge. But, for a production (& custom) model these X30's are an excellent value (especially the Fan Fret).
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 06-24-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
there are no impulse purchases here.
I need that tattooed on the back of my hand, kinda like a Surgeon Generals' warning.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 06-24-2019, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tøf View Post
I don’t think the problem comes from An Post. Emerald is a small company and as such is heavily dependent of a few key persons. When someone is sick it immediately increases the backlog. On top of that Alistair has a tendency to be quite optimistic regarding completion dates

I also think they could probably be more transparent communication wise, even if they’re really nice to deal with and easy to reach (at least when you live in a similar time zone!)

In my case I was told I would get my guitar ready for my annual visit in France mid April (I’m French but I live in Norway). If everything goes according to what Kevin told me the guitar should finally ship on Monday

That being said it’s the same with more or less all luthiers, and I’m fine with it as long as the guitar sounds great with a good set-up. Fingers crossed, but I have high expectations for my X30!
Hmmmmm....not meaning to sound pessimistic..... but it is approximately 5:30 in Donegal right now..... and I have not received any shipping notice.

We'll see how it goes.

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

P.S. I think this Friday it will be six weeks since some of the guitars pictured in that shipping video have not actually shipped yet... that's a pretty long stretch by anyone's standards. For those who saw their guitars in that shipping video 6 weeks feels like 6 months.... ;-)
Old 06-24-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Hmmmmm....not meaning to sound pessimistic..... but it is approximately 5:30 in Donegal right now..... and I have not received any shipping notice.

We'll see how it goes.

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

P.S. I think this Friday it will be six weeks since some of the guitars pictured in that shipping video have not actually shipped yet... that's a pretty long stretch by anyone's standards. For those who saw their guitars in that shipping video 6 weeks feels like 6 months.... ;-)
I think they better give you a set of mugs for the delay. 6 weeks is too long. They should at least email you an explanation.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:14 AM
Charter Member

I guess I shouldn’t be so happy to see my X30 in the video then
Fingers crossed!
Hopefully your guitar is now packed and ready to leave Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Old 06-24-2019, 11:35 AM
Guest 928

Well, after all, the icon is a dog of sorts--maybe the shipping is being done in dog time. So, maybe the guitar will arrive in 7 months, if not later. Just put it out of your mind, don't think about it, and don't look at the shipping video. And there's this--Christmas is just around the corner. Hope that helps the angst.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
And there's this--Christmas is just around the corner. Hope that helps the angst.
This coming Christmas??
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-24-2019, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
This coming Christmas??

Thanks Kramster...and yes....that does help!!

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-24-2019, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

I'm likely wrong....but from some of the recent posts and my last experience, I suspect they are having quality control issues. My X7 was in stock and shipped 3 weeks late and was crap. Crap that could be fixed, but should not have needed it.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

Not the best idea to judge a guitar by on-line video and audio clips, but with Emerald that is the only option for most people.

IMO, the clips of the June specials are way too short and in some cases not well recorded compared to other Emerald recordings, unless the instruments are that quiet.

I like the sound of the 12, the nylon (surprisingly because I do not like the sound clips of the X-20 nylon), and the 6 string fan fret. The others, not so much.

I was blown away by an older 3 minute clip of a blue X-30, but more recent X-30 clips have not elicited the same gut response from me.

My current interest focuses on the nylon and fan fret X-30s despite the less than desirable burst, but the unexplained shipping delays have put me on hold for now.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDEMO1 View Post
Not the best idea to judge a guitar by on-line video and audio clips, but with Emerald that is the only option for most people.

IMO, the clips of the June specials are way too short and in some cases not well recorded compared to other Emerald recordings, unless the instruments are that quiet.

I like the sound of the 12, the nylon (surprisingly because I do not like the sound clips of the X-20 nylon), and the 6 string fan fret. The others, not so much.

I was blown away by an older 3 minute clip of a blue X-30, but more recent X-30 clips have not elicited the same gut response from me.

My current interest focuses on the nylon and fan fret X-30s despite the less than desirable burst, but the unexplained shipping delays have put me on hold for now.
Unfortunately...

I was supposed to have mine shipped on Friday then I heard through another member on this forum that they would be shipped on Monday. It is now Wednesday and still haven't received a shipping notice.

So at least for my specific guitar, there's something up. I have sent another email asking for a realistic expectation of shipping since my guitar was actually in the shipping video for those guitars which were supposed to go out over a month ago.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-26-2019, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

Good luck Todd, we do feel for you....hope you get it soon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber