The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-20-2010, 01:28 PM

^^^^ great to hear that keyshore. I'll definitely be picking the pz pre sometime in the near future...

Rainsong WS1000
Taylor "T6" Custom w/added element UST
USA Tele Deluxe
Ibanex SRX-500
Vox AC-15

Korg Pitch Black (2x), Fishman Aura 16, BBE Sonic Stomp, LR Baggs PADI, Boss TU-2, Sansamp Tech21 Bass Driver, Boss GE-7 Bass EQ, MXR Micro Amp, Keely BD-2, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Boss DD-20, BBE supacharger

Up next: Empress EQ, Radial J48
Old 02-21-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makikogi View Post
^^^^ great to hear that keyshore. I'll definitely be picking the pz pre sometime in the near future...
You will not be dissappointed Mark!

At this point of time only the SPS-1 is above the pz-pre IMHO. In fact Radial shipped out the first protype of the Pzpre to James Taylor and he now uses it along with the aura to drive his Olsons.

Best,

Keyshore
Old 02-22-2010, 12:03 PM

about 95% sure I'm going with the L.R. Baggs Element notch system. dual input. I have the single now so it will be and easy upgrade. not cutting etc.

L.R. Baggs iMix Notch System (Dual Source)

The iMix Notch System is a dual source preamp which utilizes the L.R. Baggs under saddle transducer (Called the 'Element') and an Acoustic Soundboard Transducer (The iBeam). This preamp is exclusive to Larrivee Guitars and is only available on our -05 Series and up. It features the same primary controls as the Element Notch including: Phase inversion Switch, Narrow-Band Notch Control, Bass-Mid-treble Sliders. It also features a mix knob which allows you to "Blend" both the Element and iBeam together for the perfect live sound which can cut through but still preserve the "acoustics" of the guitar. The mix control also allows you to use either source independently without bleed. As with the Element Notch System, the preamp also has the battery compartment on-board (accessible by lightly pressing on the preamp). This means that batteries can be changed in 10 seconds without de-stringing the instrument. This preamp is designed and built for the performing musician. Click HERE for a user manual of the iMix Notch System. Introduced January 2006.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:22 PM

I have recently compared the DTAR Solstice with the Rane AP-13 and the Rane had a far better and warmer sound. Also has 6 band EQ per channel vs hi/mid/lo per channel on DTAR.

I'd be intersted in more opinions comparing Dtar Solstice and Raven PMBs. Look very similar in features.

Also more opinions of PZ Pre vs Rane AP13??

hans
2000 Froggy Bottom H12c (adir/ind RW)
2016 Froggy Bottom K mod (adir/madrose; my son's)
2010 Voyage-Air VAOM-2C

http://www.soundclick.com/hanstunes (recorded on Froggy H12c)
Old 03-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Humanist

I've owned the SPS-1, AP-13, Fishman Blender/Pocket-Blender, Raven Labs PMB units, and I prefer the Highlander PAMDI to all of them for on-stage use.
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification