The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I did a little show-and-tell this morning at the Village Market. Joe, the proud owner of a Balor had not ordered the book because he, like many of us, thought the book was a bit pricey. After looking through the book he noted that its cost was small compared to the guitar and is a worthy accessory.

I was a bit daunted by the price, but felt that as an Emerald owner the book relates my ownership to a significant moment in guitar development. I am really pleased with Wicked's work and its subject.

Disclaimer: I paid full price for and have no stake in the items mentioned.
Just saying.
Thanks so much Evan, I really appreciate it. I agree, the hardcover is very expensive. Truth be told, it costs about $130 to print each copy, I only get a couple of dollars in royalties. The softcover is a lot more moderately priced at $34.99 and the eBook is pretty reasonable at $9.99. Both of those have the identical text, just a lot less pictures, and they are a little less artistic. Hopefully there is a version out there for everyone that might be interested. But thank you so much for spreading the word, and I am so glad you like it.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 01-02-2020, 12:02 PM
Guest 928

Wicked;

I am really surprised that there has not been more response to THE BOOK. However, it's still early in the game and I suspect we'll be hearing more as time goes on.

I've had a number of published books and each one came with a lot of sweat and tears. Visual work, like yours, is particularly arduous and expensive. And there is always the waiting between publication and response. Hang in there, you have a pretty dedicated audience and if someone has an Emerald they have vested interest in the book.

Also, for what it's worth, I emailed Emerald and suggested that the book be listed on the Emerald site. Perhaps that is already planned?
Old 01-02-2020, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Wicked;

I am really surprised that there has not been more response to THE BOOK. However, it's still early in the game and I suspect we'll be hearing more as time goes on.

I've had a number of published books and each one came with a lot of sweat and tears. Visual work, like yours, is particularly arduous and expensive. And there is always the waiting between publication and response. Hang in there, you have a pretty dedicated audience and if someone has an Emerald they have vested interest in the book.

Also, for what it's worth, I emailed Emerald and suggested that the book be listed on the Emerald site. Perhaps that is already planned?
Thanks so much for the kind words Evan. They did put it on their Facebook page at one point. I don’t know if there are any plans to put it on their website, though that would be cool (I did a book about an ukulele maker a few years ago and it is on his site, it amazes me I still sell copies of it years later). I truly appreciate your words and thanks for letting the folks at Emerald know you liked it.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 01-02-2020, 02:28 PM

My coffee table book is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It’s been a bit of a wait with all the holidays. Looking forward to it.
Fender Ukelele

https://youtube.com/channel/UC7aq_u2nyCgtIPffgyWob1A
Old 01-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz567 View Post
My coffee table book is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It’s been a bit of a wait with all the holidays. Looking forward to it.
Thanks so much, I really hope that you enjoy it.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:50 PM

It is really good. I’m about 100 pages into it and I’ll probably finish reading it tonight. There are some great stories there. Alistair is very talented.
Fender Ukelele

https://youtube.com/channel/UC7aq_u2nyCgtIPffgyWob1A
Old 01-05-2020, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz567 View Post
It is really good. I’m about 100 pages into it and I’ll probably finish reading it tonight. There are some great stories there. Alistair is very talented.
I am so glad that you are enjoying it. Thanks for the kind words.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace