The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-16-2020, 06:30 PM

Default Ideas for vocal pedal board

My wife prefers her vocal tone when using a tube pre-, and I'd like to fabricate a pedalboard for her to use with vocals that will easily "clip" onto a straight mic stand that can be mounted up higher for her to dial in effects by hand. Going with an ART MP tube pre-amp with upgraded 12at7 tube, a (guitar) compression pedal, and a (guitar) reverb pedal. Also, possibly a (guitar) modulation pedal. For the signal path, I plan to go short XLR to XLR from the mic into the tube pre- then out of it with 1/4" TS from pedal to pedal to pedal, and at last go into a DI with a 1/4" TS in, and then use the DI's XLR out. Anyone have any ideas for the board or the "slip on mount?" I'm thinking of a partially coiled wire (like the ones used to slip on the cheapy drink holders.)
Old 03-17-2020, 05:49 AM

You can eliminate the tube pre with a good vocal mic and get a TC electronic perform V vocal processor that's stand mountable. This is just thought, because it looked alittle complicated the way you were wiring a pedal board and more wires more problems IMHO.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerDuck View Post
You can eliminate the tube pre with a good vocal mic and get a TC electronic perform V vocal processor that's stand mountable. This is just thought, because it looked alittle complicated the way you were wiring a pedal board and more wires more problems IMHO.
We've had the perform V and neither of us cared much for it. Thanks for the thoughts though. As for a mic, her mic is plenty good, but it sounds really good with the tube pre. She uses a Sennheiser e945.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:07 AM

I advise against using pedals designed for guitar with vocals. Most of them have limited frequency response especially at the high end. Many are better than they used to be, but still not the best (as of last time I checked) Could end up making it sound like she's singing through a $20 mic.
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification