The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-17-2019, 07:40 PM

Default Cordoba Studio Flamenco Negra

Hi; I just sent away for this guitar ; I hope I like it! Only bought one guitar online and I just don't like it very much.Hope this one is different.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:13 AM

How did the guitar disappoint? Ergonomics, pickup, sound?
Old 09-18-2019, 04:47 PM
Charter Member

The GK Studio was my first Cordoba, and lit the fire that started me down the road of owning 16 different Cordoba instruments. It's not at the level of the GK Pro, but not that far off and there are times that I think about acquiring another Studio. Would probably be the ziricote model if I did though. Wish they made a GK Pro in ziricote.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
The GK Studio was my first Cordoba, and lit the fire that started me down the road of owning 16 different Cordoba instruments. It's not at the level of the GK Pro, but not that far off and there are times that I think about acquiring another Studio. Would probably be the ziricote model if I did though. Wish they made a GK Pro in ziricote.
Wow the gk studio was my first cordoba too, actually specifically the ziricote one! haha
I think about selling it every once in awhile since I still haven't actually learned flamenco yet and it'll probably be a few years till im done learning music theory for guitar and generally easier types of music like blues. But anyways, 16 guitars?!?!??! wat!

I think you'll find the gk studio negra to be awesome! Let us know what you think when you get it!
Old 09-19-2019, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCats View Post
Wow the gk studio was my first cordoba too, actually specifically the ziricote one! haha
I think about selling it every once in awhile since I still haven't actually learned flamenco yet and it'll probably be a few years till im done learning music theory for guitar and generally easier types of music like blues. But anyways, 16 guitars?!?!??! wat!

I think you'll find the gk studio negra to be awesome! Let us know what you think when you get it!

Ha ha… I've owned 16 Cordoba instruments (guitars, guitalele, uke)… but not all at the same time. The most Cordobas that I've owned at the same time was probably about 6 or 7. I cycle through a lot of instruments... buying, trading, and selling. Cordobas generally tend to be my favorite nylon-strung acoustic instruments, while Breedloves are my overall favorite steel-strung acoustics (I've had about a dozen of those).
Old 09-19-2019, 04:11 PM

Well i received my Cordoba today . It's just not me. sending it back.Disappointed .I don't like that it is 12 frets clear to the body ,even though it is a cutaway.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
Well i received my Cordoba today . It's just not me. sending it back.Disappointed .I don't like that it is 12 frets clear to the body ,even though it is a cutaway.
Well if you're set on getting a nylon
you'd like cordobas fusion series, they bridge the gap between classical necks and steel string necks. They'll have a radius, they'll be 48mm instead of the 50mm on the gk line or the standard 52mm on a classical, and they have them in 14 fret models and 12 fret models. And they all have cutaways i believe

I have a slight feeling you are someone who doesnt like wide necks either so I have seen some nylons out there with 45mm necks. One that comes to mind was chet akins nylon guitar i forgot who makes it but ill try to find it. it is a thinner body though (good for gigging)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical