The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-25-2021, 06:37 PM

Default Fish to Watch

And no feeding required!

Old 02-26-2021, 02:29 PM

Thanks for posting. Early in my engineering career, I worked on the design and construction of the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Once it opened, we spent many hours staring at the big kelp tank, and watching divers feed the fish or clean the glass. The whole facility was even more impressive knowing the behind-the-scenes stories and having been "back stage".

We were annual members of the Aquarium for a few years and did our open water scuba certification dives not far from the aquarium. During one of the dives we were on shore and a sea otter boldly came right up to us on the beach. We jumped in the water and happily cavorted with her. She especially seemed to like me - maybe it was the beard. I would put my arms out in a big circle and she would jump right in and sniff me, nose to nose. Later at the aquarium, we told the staff about the encounter. "Oh, that's April... she's a bit promiscuous".
Old 02-26-2021, 07:12 PM

A great place. We too were members throughout my kids' childhood, it was one of their favorite outings-- a day at the aquarium, sunset on the beach.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic