The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 01-11-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
When discussing the epoxied neck joint it's important to mention that Art & Luthierie claims that the internal bracing was re-designed to totally eliminate the need for the standard neck reset. They did not engineer in "planned obsolescence".

How accurate their claims about the change in top bracing eliminating the eventual shift in geometry has yet to be seen, but the top bracing is NOT the same as the standard joint that does effect neck angle over the long haul.

Well… they failed then.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:36 PM
Charter Member

Thank you for all of your replies on this. I was tempted to tighten the bolt a tiny bit to see if it would change the angle in a positive way, but since there isn’t “a gap between the heel and the body” as John Arnold mentioned...I figured I’d better leave it alone. I did change the strings out as well as bathed it in a ToneRite treatment for 2 weeks and that did help the overall sound quiet a bit. In the end I’ve decided to return it even though the store was very nice saying they’d reimburse me towards getting a reset.
Eastman T386SB
Aria Sinsonido AS-100C/SPL (customized to steel string)
Mid 1930’s Kay Kraft Deluxe K2 archtop
Seagull S12 converted to 6 string lap slide
Takamine TF740FS
2008 Pono PGKC (flamed Hawaiian Koa 0 cutaway)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair