The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-24-2022, 10:04 AM

Congratulations. That body style (L-00, L-0, L-1, L-2, etc.) is a good one. I think it’s great when a builder like Bruce Sexauer works his magic with it.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations Bebo! And not a surprise at all. Bruce is just knocking them out of the park these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
I am the fortunate owner of Bruce’s recently built Adi/Pernambuco L-00, and I thought it was time to post my early impressions. There seems to be nothing about this guitar that holds the sound back. The tone from top to bottom has serious depth. It is so lively, wide open, and balanced in it’s infancy, it’s hard to believe that it will get better. It doesn’t need to.

I started the conversation of my second build with Bruce with the idea of a 000 BRW in the traditional (Martin) style. But somewhere early in the discussion, I decided to let Bruce take the lead, and my L-00 is the result. To say that I am happy about it would be an understatement. I must also say, however, that my Sexauer FT-0C (Adi/Mahogany) from 2020 is, although different from the L-00, as good (at least to me) in its own right. They compliment each other.

One last thoughtful note – I know that I am merely the first owner/custodian of these instruments. They should last for many, many years after I’m gone to be played by others down the chain (hopefully by one or more of my descendants). While I can, I will play them a lot and take care of them for the next generation of players. Thanks Bruce.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:06 PM
AGF Sponsor

I do appreciate customer satisfaction, and am especially thankful to those who take the time to publicly express it. Thank you, Bebo.

I have made about 25 P guitars at this point, and feel that I am getting somewhere really special with the results. The first one, the "Satriani", has unique qualities and made it clear (pun!) that Pernambuco was extraordinary. But this last one is something else. It has a similar clarity, but also a warm depth which might sound muddy from another tonewood, but not at all with the P. It seemed to transform my playing, and I am actually coveting it in an unprecedented way. . . . I suppose I will have to try to replicate the effect.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

The All-Catalpa CN is almost done. I have buffed it out, assembled the neck to the body, and inlayed and fretted it.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:36 PM
AGF Sponsor

I still have a truss rod cover and a bit of adjustment to go, but the all-Catalpa plays well, and sounds as Good or better than I hoped.

Old 02-03-2022, 07:36 PM
Charter Member

Looks beautiful Bruce…
Old 02-03-2022, 08:11 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Looks beautiful Bruce…
If you know me, and you do, it's all about sound and playability. Looks don't hurt, and I am glad it's plain to see, but you should hear this thing! Uh . . . thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop