The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-05-2022, 09:28 AM

Another thing that just happened is that I was visiting my parents over the holiday. I am 61 and they are both in their late 80s. They live out in the country and have a deep narrow pipe water well with a submerged pump about 160 feet down. The pump died and my father was in a hurry to replace it before the winter storm hit with lots of snow.

My father and I pulled up the old pump, and partly through, the rope that was attached to the pump and used for pulling it up broke. This meant that we had to pull it up by hand with the slippery plastic water pipe. Doing it that is a feat of strength for a couple young men, let alone two older fellows like us. Because of my relative youth, I took the role of the muscle…which is somewhat comical if you look at me.

Anyway, we got the pump out and replaced it, but my hands and forearms are sorer than they have been in years. No big deal, except that I am back home and practicing is particularly painful because my hand and forearm muscles are so sore.

It would be so nice to have a nylon string crossover guitar with half the string tension right now!
Old 01-05-2022, 09:41 AM

The new Godin Multiac Nylon Deluxe will be the first nylon string Multiac with a 14th fret at the body and the internal Lyric mic.

It will be very much like my Doyle Dykes Multiac except with nylon strings. Amplified, the DD Multiac sounds like a small bodied acoustic with an Anthem pickup system. It plays beautifully and sounds about as good as an amplified guitar can sound live.

I really want the real (rather than modeled) mic. The currently available Multiac with nylon strings and a lyric mic is a standard 12th fret at the body design.

The Godin Multiac Nylon Deluxe will be the first Multiac with both the Lyric mic and the 14th fret at the body design. It will be available around June, and I’m going to wait for it. Hopefully my fingers will last that long!
Old 01-06-2022, 06:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
The new Godin Multiac Nylon Deluxe will be the first nylon string Multiac with a 14th fret at the body and the internal Lyric mic.

It will be very much like my Doyle Dykes Multiac except with nylon strings. Amplified, the DD Multiac sounds like a small bodied acoustic with an Anthem pickup system. It plays beautifully and sounds about as good as an amplified guitar can sound live.

I really want the real (rather than modeled) mic. The currently available Multiac with nylon strings and a lyric mic is a standard 12th fret at the body design.

The Godin Multiac Nylon Deluxe will be the first Multiac with both the Lyric mic and the 14th fret at the body design. It will be available around June, and I’m going to wait for it. Hopefully my fingers will last that long!

I had not looked at Godin guitars for a while. That Deluxe sounds amazing even on my cheapo computer speakers.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp View Post
I had not looked at Godin guitars for a while. That Deluxe sounds amazing even on my cheapo computer speakers.

Only a couple of the newest Godin Multiacs have the Lyric mic blend, and they are really the only ones that I like. The Lyric mic blended in basically gives you the same pickup system as the LR Baggs Anthem, which is about as good an amplified sound as you can get right now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical