The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-26-2011, 08:43 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hey Michael, nice to meet you at Healdsburg, and now here.
Welcome aboard!

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 08-27-2011, 06:35 AM
AGF Sponsor

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you in Healdsburg (I was over in the little room) but your guitars look great and I look forward getting to know you via this forum. Hopefully we can meet-up in person later on.

John O
Old 08-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Steve and John,
Thanks so much for the welcome. I'm definitely grateful that Stephen told me about this forum. I think it's going to be a great place to meet other makers and exchange ideas.

And John, yes Healdsburg was pretty intense. I almost wish the meet 'n greet had been at the end of the show, when all the pressure was off. Of course, by that time I think most of us were so exhausted and talked out we were just looking forward to a good rest.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:32 PM

Hi Michael! Here's yet another warm AGF Welcome! It was great to meet you at Healdsburg, and to get a chance to play your guitars and hear your story. I think you'll like it here, and I have no doubt that by becoming a Sponsor, you're supporting the best acoustic guitar forum anywhere!

These are the very folks who will be most likely to be interested in your work, and this is a great way to get your name up in lights before them!

Let me know if you ever need help from a Moderator (or any of our other Mod Squad members, for that matter). It will be an honor to assist in any way we can.

John Cotten
Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 PM

Smile

John, it was good meeting and talking with you at Healdsburg. I have a good feeling about this forum. I definitely have to develop some photography skills so I can start posting pics here.
By the way, lemme know when I can wrap up that POC topped Soloist of mine that your son liked so much (Note: this is the first time I've ever used a smiley face in any forum setting. Hope it's not habit forming. Could ruin my rep as a curmudgeon.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:42 AM

Welcome to the forum. I noticed your fine work at Healdsburg earlier this month.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:26 AM

Welcome to the forum, Michael! As you've already seen, it's a marvelous group of guys and gals here. Come on over the Columbia at times and visit us in Portland. Artichoke Music has wonderful music on Thursday and Friday evenings. Hope to meet you there some time.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

Welcome, Michael! This is a great forum with good folks. Great looking guitars. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and learning from your insight.

Kindly,
Danny
Old 08-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Hello Michael,
The guitars you took to Healdsburg look fantastic. I also checked out your website; very nice stuff. And, thanks for being an AGF sponsor.

2012 Carruth 12-fret 000 in Pernambuco and Adi
2010 Poling Sierra in Cuban Mahogany and Lutz
2015 Posch 13-fret 00 in Indian Rosewood and Adi
Old 08-28-2011, 12:56 PM

Welcome Michael from a fellow Washingtonian. Really like your work. The Vancouver/Portland area certainly has a wealth of very good luthiers. (I recently built my first guitar at Charles Fox's shop in Portland.)

Old 08-28-2011, 06:58 PM

Charles Fox is quite the innovator. And yes, it's amazing how many guitar makers inhabit the Ptld area. It's really evident during the annual handmade instrument makers show at Marylhurst college. By the way, congratulations on your first guitar.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb propsom View Post
...By the way, lemme know when I can wrap up that POC topped Soloist of mine that your son liked so much ...
Yes, he did! And he has a great ear for quality instruments. With all the more expensive guitars around, I took it as a very high compliment to you that he wanted me to be sure to come play it. I do wish he could have brought it home with him - I'm sure he does, too!

cotten
Old 08-29-2011, 05:55 AM
AGF Sponsor

Welcome to AGF Michael, Your guitars look great and hope some day to meet and talk with you. You will find that the people here are very nice, if you haven't already noticed. Again, Welcome!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb propsom View Post
Charles Fox is quite the innovator. And yes, it's amazing how many guitar makers inhabit the Ptld area. It's really evident during the annual handmade instrument makers show at Marylhurst college. By the way, congratulations on your first guitar.
Thanks Michael. Given where I built it I was pretty much guaranteed to have a nice instrument!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop