The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-03-2018, 01:43 PM

Default K&K pure Classic pickup thoughts/experience (also Lyric Classical)

I'm not happy with the under-saddle piszzo EMG (is all the detail I know) it was installed in my Classical Guitar20+ years ago and have only used periodically. Never happy but wasn't worth messing with. Now I am playing regularly plugged in and would like to improve my electric setup.

I just did a search of this sub-forum and nothing comes up with the K&K classic so thought I'd ask for comments or suggestions if any have experience with it.

I appriciate any suggestions, Keith

Last edited by Nyimbo; 05-03-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Charter Member

The K&K Pure Classic in my Cordoba F10 sounds great. Very natural. The Fishman Prefix Pro Blend systems in my various Luthier and Espana series instruments from Cordoba are also excellent.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:53 PM

Thanks, I looked up the The Fishman Prefix Pro Blend and it looks like all the examples I see are for a built in system.

But you said the k&k "sounds great" so it may be worth checking into. I'll need to ask the local luthier if he is familiar with installation. I suppose he is but even if not he would certainly be more qualified to figure it out than I would.

I started to ask about Lyric Classical when I first started the post but it looks to be a bit more expensive than the k&k classic so and at this point I rather try to use the extra toward a good external preamp and am trying to be careful with budget.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyimbo View Post
Thanks, I looked up the The Fishman Prefix Pro Blend and it looks like all the examples I see are for a built in system.

But you said the k&k "sounds great" so it may be worth checking into. I'll need to ask the local luthier if he is familiar with installation. I suppose he is but even if not he would certainly be more qualified to figure it out than I would.

I started to ask about Lyric Classical when I first started the post but it looks to be a bit more expensive than the k&k classic so and at this point I rather try to use the extra toward a good external preamp and am trying to be careful with budget.
I'm not personally familiar with the Lyric system. Though I have installed a couple of Anthem systems and they sound good as well. The K&K sounds about as natural as it gets in a pickup system. The only thing I don't love about it is a lack of internal preamp and volume control. It was fairly easy to install. I used the double sided tape on it to check for function and sound, and then superglued within a week or two. The only stressful part was making sure I didn't glue my fingers to anything. No issues were encountered in that area.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical