The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-22-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Boy we have a lot of different things Tomatoes , Broccoli , Arugula, Kale Spinach, Onions, Carrots, about 15 to 17 kinds of hot peppers , herbs/spices and more probably (fortunately for me my wife, daughter, and son in law garden, I don't...... I get to mow 17 acres instead )

we use garden boxes my sun in law and I built

Part of my mowing to the buckrail fence
and, he probably spends a lot of time in the sun!!

great boxes!

i have peppermint, spearmint, white sage, chocolate mint, oregano, tomato, chive, sweet basil and thai basil.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 04-22-2018, 04:35 PM

Just cut my first sprig of asparagus . More to follow .
Old 04-22-2018, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

I live in the northeast. Until yesterday it's been in the 30's and we even had snow. The weather is much nicer now. Tomorrow I'm hoping to plant broccoli raab, peas and spinach. Indoors I've started okra and zinnias. Then I'll plant beets and carrots, kale, lettuce and after last frost date (end of May) I'll plant yellow squash and put out the Okra. I might have forgotten something.

I sing to my garden. I love singing "Garden Song." Here's a version by Pete Seeger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR5C-JCI-eU

Not sure who wrote it. Maybe David Mallett. If someone knows for sure, let us know.

Love this thread. Happy and fruitful gardening!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon

Last edited by KarenB; 04-23-2018 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaren View Post
I sing to my garden. I love singing "Garden Song." Here's a version by Pete Seeger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR5C-JCI-eU

Not sure who wrote it. Maybe David Mallett. If someone knows for sure, let us know.
It's written in the video,"words and music by Dave Mallet".
Old 04-22-2018, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar george View Post
It's written in the video,"words and music by Dave Mallet".
Well then, I gets it true! Thanks for pointing that out guitar George.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 04-22-2018, 08:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscmp View Post
and, he probably spends a lot of time in the sun!!

great boxes!

i have peppermint, spearmint, white sage, chocolate mint, oregano, tomato, chive, sweet basil and thai basil.

play music!
Opps I am old that's my excuse and would gladly not stick to it, but unfortunately I am stuck with it

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 04-23-2018, 10:10 PM

Geckos. Lots and lots of geckos. And one rogue armadillo that killed a hedge with its burrowing.

Playing guitar badly since 1964.

Some Taylor guitars.
Three Kala ukuleles (one on tour with the Box Tops).
A 1937 A-style mandolin.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:02 AM

I haven't seen any rabbits lately but I suspect that if I were to plant anything they'd be around. Wild turkeys, moles and groundhogs have made enough of a mess of my lawn for me to conclude that planting a garden would be complete folly.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
I haven't seen any rabbits lately but I suspect that if I were to plant anything they'd be around. Wild turkeys, moles and groundhogs have made enough of a mess of my lawn for me to conclude that planting a garden would be complete folly.
Rabbits are one reason we went to the elevated boxes we have a family that lives under our deck, that and less fatiguing on the lower back .

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 04-24-2018, 11:40 AM

Just put a wooden house kind of bird feeder in my garden a couple of months ago and i got a whole community and variety of birds that feed at all times of the day.I'm wondering if iv'e got a breeding pair of Blackbirds which I love they are hanging around all day just waiting for me to put some more mealworms out as i only sprinkle a few handfuls out at a time, they would eat the whole bag in one sitting if i didn't .Lots of smaller garden type birds and I even got a couple of wood pigeons come around 12 o'clock the big bullies but I don't want to scare them off as they don't stay around long but they are determined to find a way of getting at the fat balls hanging under the roof on hooks they got big fat bodies and they can't fit under .I got a conifer 8-foot square border hedge where all the other birds play all day waiting their turn.I would say water is an essential in a little bowl as I seem to fill it every other day they must use it a lot.There is an app on the play store on my phone I'm going to download to identify them all.The Robin seems to have gone away that I first thought of one for and all the other birds seem to have taken over the tuck shop.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic