The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 05-04-2016, 03:21 AM

Default Nrd

Despite my negative comments about the Honey Dipper I tried in my local shop, I couldn't pass up the chance of getting a practically unplayed G9202 for less than 1/2 price. It sounds great - I don't know why the one in the shop felt and sounded so bad. Though on reflection, the guitar in the shop had been literally hung 20' in the air for 6 months in a humid atmosphere, the shop had thick carpets, there was very loud "background" music playing, somebody playing keyboards nearby, and lots of customers chatting. It didn't help.

It'll take a while to get used to the V neck, but it shouldn't be a problem as I'll be playing mainly bottleneck.
The cactus colour is also surprisingly attractive.

How it sounds - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSm2nQiQ64 (the basic model, G9201)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McaLovhdqb0

Last edited by jansch; 05-04-2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansch View Post
Despite my negative comments about the Honey Dipper I tried in my local shop, I couldn't pass up the chance of getting a practically unplayed G9202 for less than 1/2 price. It sounds great - I don't know why the one in the shop felt and sounded so bad. It'll take a while to get used to the V neck, but it shouldn't be a problem as I'll be playing mainly bottleneck.

The cactus colour is also surprisingly attractive.

That's beautiful! I know nothing about these and would to know how it sounds

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2016, 11:47 AM

I tried one in Manchester UK last week, great value. The coloured ones are actually higher priced over here as being limited edition!! Enjoy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments