The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-08-2018, 03:37 PM

I have a La Patrie Concert and have no reason to search further. A great guitar for the price. I installed K&K PU. Around the house I play it through a Cube 01 amp.

1984 Carvin LB-40 bass
1986 Carvin DC-125 two humbucker
1996 Taylor 412
La Patrie Concert
2012 American Standard Telecaster
1981 Carvin DC 100
Harley Benton LP JR DC
Bushman Delta Frost & Suzuki harmonicas
Artley flute
Six-plus decade old vocal apparatus

Last edited by alnico5; 07-08-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:29 PM

Default curved headstock

I got the one with the curved headstock. 2nd link mentioned.
I was wondering about that myself. For your info, I bought mine about 6 months ago. It's a classical concert model.
I had sent an email message to try and find out when it was built. But I never got a response. I'm wondering if it was related to the year it was built or if it had some relationship to who built it.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonnak View Post
I got the one with the curved headstock. 2nd link mentioned.
I was wondering about that myself. For your info, I bought mine about 6 months ago. It's a classical concert model.
I had sent an email message to try and find out when it was built. But I never got a response. I'm wondering if it was related to the year it was built or if it had some relationship to who built it.
Now I'm wondering, according to the one shown on the La Patrie website with the curved headstock, the specs indicate a 2" nut width. Maybe the 1st link is older stock with a wider nut??
Alvarez AF60SHB
Seagull Concert Hall Mahogany
Harmony H1215. 1953
An 80 year old Kay (approx)
Epiphone ES-339
Epiphone Les Paul 50's Standard
3 home built Strat's
Old 07-18-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooly View Post
Now I'm wondering, according to the one shown on the La Patrie website with the curved headstock, the specs indicate a 2" nut width. Maybe the 1st link is older stock with a wider nut??
Yes to old stock. No, not a wider nut.

The curved headstock is now standard, the symmetrical one is reserved for their Hybrid line. See line up here http://www.lapatrieguitars.com/guitars.html

Looks like all their guitars have a 2 inch nut, even Hybrid. Found an old spec sheet here http://www.lapatrieguitars.com/specs.html With all their automation, I doubt things have changed much.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonius View Post
Yes to old stock. No, not a wider nut.

The curved headstock is now standard, the symmetrical one is reserved for their Hybrid line. See line up here http://www.lapatrieguitars.com/guitars.html

Looks like all their guitars have a 2 inch nut, even Hybrid. Found an old spec sheet here http://www.lapatrieguitars.com/specs.html With all their automation, I doubt things have changed much.
Since this thread started, I have received the one I ordered. It has the curved headstock with the 2" nut. It's a really nice guitar. Very pleased with it.

I have never owned a nylon string before. It's easy to play and after I flattened the neck a bit and lowered the string height at the nut, it's even easier. Didn't have to touch the saddle.
Alvarez AF60SHB
Seagull Concert Hall Mahogany
Harmony H1215. 1953
An 80 year old Kay (approx)
Epiphone ES-339
Epiphone Les Paul 50's Standard
3 home built Strat's
Old 07-19-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobKay View Post
I fancy one of the arenas with rmc or graphtech hex pickups in it, i wonder how it would sound.......its a pity they don't make them with more electronic options.😀
Rob(uk)
I'm kinda lusting after the Raimundo 646 with hex pickup and midi out...

https://www.guitarfromspain.com/en/m...co-guitar.html
Old 07-19-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooly View Post
Since this thread started, I have received the one I ordered. It has the curved headstock with the 2" nut. It's a really nice guitar. Very pleased with it.

I have never owned a nylon string before. It's easy to play and after I flattened the neck a bit and lowered the string height at the nut, it's even easier. Didn't have to touch the saddle.
I almost bought one, but went a different direction. I decided to dive in deep and spend more money. I'll have to post a review some day.

The guitar I got had some interesting strings on it. D'Addario Pro Arte Composite. They really smooth out the transition from wound D to unwound G with a composite core G string. I noticed on many guitars I played that the difference in tone between the wound and unwound was quite noticeable. Some of that will be the guitar, but some the strings. The transition on mine is very natural. The B and high E are traditional Nylon. All the wound strings have a composite core instead of Nylon. I REALLY like these strings! I have the hard tension they also come in Normal and Extra Hard http://www.daddario.com/DADProductDe...__Hard_Tension
Old 09-20-2018, 03:28 PM

I just bought a very used but excellent shape La Patrie Presentation (solid cedar and rosewood) and I can't put it down. Excellent.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical