The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-28-2012, 05:27 PM

Default new one coming

I had a link to some pics, but the crazy thing was 'asking' you to sign up to see them, so I removed the pics.

I should get my new parlor by the end of June and ended up with a commission from the same builder who made my two 00 size guitars. I was hesitant to ask him because my specs. meant he had to move outside his usual, but he agreed.

The builder is Jim Blilie from Minnesota. Every time I played other nice guitars ( Martin, small shop, custom build) I came home, and was more satisfied with the guitars I owned. Specs. Lower bout 13 inches, upper bout 9 inches, depth at tail-3.5 inches, pinless bridge and ebony bindng. It will have a bevel and sound port.

Top is European spruce, back and sides are madrona at the builder’s recommendation for this small guitar. He has a source for well cured madrona and his personal guitar has madrona back and sides. This is the first time I gave the builder the sound I wanted and asked him to pick the wood combo. Since madrona is relatively unheard of, I will have fun exploring the sound-scape.

Last edited by random works; 05-28-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Sounds like you'll receive a wonderful guitar. Congrats. Look forward to hearing the reviews.

Stuart
Old 06-01-2012, 08:08 PM

I love that we're reading more and more about parlor guitars...this sounds like a very nice one...and, yes, we do want to see pictures
Old 06-01-2012, 11:36 PM

https://www.box.com/s/1c17c49645969109a382

Hopefully this will work. Some shots taken a while back
Old 06-02-2012, 06:30 AM

Great pics - it looks like it's coming along. Post some more pics if you can.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop