The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 03-11-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryj47 View Post
My first "real" guitar was an ES-125T. My parents bought it for me around 1958. I think it cost less than $200! Enjoyed it for several years until we traded it in towards a Jaguar. Surf music. What can I say?. Put in a second P90 in the bridge position with switches on the pick guard. Today if that guitar is around its value is probably less than a stock one due to the mods. Wish I still had the jag. So one same vintage at GC for $4K+. My parents paid $399 less trade. After that I bought my own guitars and basses. Oh for the good old days.

Its amazing when you look at things that you could have held on to how much they are worth now. Its too bad you don't own either one of those guitars anymore.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwguitar View Post
Its amazing when you look at things that you could have held on to how much they are worth now. Its too bad you don't own either one of those guitars anymore.
Yes and several others too. Thanks for the note.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:21 AM

I just picked up this '59 125T for $1450. As a primarily finger style player, its opening a world of jazz/blues to me. Ive been playing it with pick and fingers(nice 1 3/4 neck), just love the unplugged sound/tone sitting on the couch. Plugged in (Blues Jr) Im still hunting for the tone, but dialing it in. Plays great except for a bit of plinking on e and b string above 13th fret, guessing I need to adjust the action up a bit. I also put flat wounds on(maybe thats why the tone is a bit too dark chocolate) think Ill put some rounds on next(any suggestions?) for better blues sound. Anyway, its a trip, happy I made the plunge!

'95 Collings 0002H
'80s Martin M36

Last edited by Woolbury; 03-31-2018 at 08:34 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops