The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

Talking PRICE DROP: Pono OOOO-20DC (Cedar/Mahogany)

UPDATED 9/22/19 - Lowered price $750 / $75 SHIPPING!!!

Hello AGF’ers - Up for sale is a 2013 Pono OOOO-20DC (quarter sawn Canadian cedar top, & quarter sawn mahogany back n sides) in very good condition. Though this guitar has been played often & lovingly in the past, as of late it spends most of its time in the case. The OOOO/jumbo size is just a little big for me… getting old shoulder kind of stuff .

Condition: I would put the guitar in very good condition (8.5/10) though not pristine. If you angle the top in direct lighting there are a couple small pic marks on the treble side though minimal. The guitar was mostly played finger style throughout it’s life (original owner) but a pick was sometimes used. There are also two small indents located on the top binding (photos below), bout the size of a half-grain of white rice. They do not break the finish, but they are there.

This guitar is a great larger body fingerpicker that overall has a very warm, earthy and woody tone. The trebles are fantastic with a woody, warm sustain, and the bass is round, balanced and present, not dominating like a dreadnought or other jumbos I’ve played.

This guitar excels in DADGAD/dropped tunings or doing some finger style blues a in standard tuning or dropping a half step down. On the flip side this is a cedar top that you can strum and drive a bit more than other cedar tops that I've played (including my more sensitive cedar topped OO Pono – fingerpicker only).

The guitars specs:

Top: Solid Canadian Cedar
Back & Sides: Solid Mahogany
Neck: Mahogany
Fretboard/Bridge/Pins: Ebony
Binding: Koa
Nut: 1 3/4
Spacing: 2 1/4
Scale: 25.4
14 Frets to the body

I am the original owner of this Pono, and have kept the guitar in its case when not being played (Denver is quite dry) supported by two oasis humidifiers in the case and keep it in my guitar room which I keep at 45* RH.

Please PM me with any questions or if you would like to come by and try out the guitar. NO TRADES. The price is $775 plus $75 shipping, if shipping is less than $75 I'll just match it to the actual cost, 2-3 days CONUS. Thanks for looking!

Video demoing the model, this model differs as it has acacia back and sides, but sounds quite similar for a tonal reference:

https://vimeo.com/39963240

Last edited by acousticjazz; 09-23-2019 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Updated price
Old 07-07-2019, 05:10 PM
Charter Member

Default Additional photos of top binding indents

Old 07-11-2019, 10:00 PM
Charter Member

Bump to the top of the list! PM me with any questions.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:24 PM

Can't believe this is still here. If I didn't already have a cedar topped guitar I would be all over this. Ponos are one of the best values out there.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

Answered all PM's, contact me if you have any questions or would like to take the Pono for a test pickin'
Old 07-19-2019, 05:36 AM
Charter Member

100* in Denver again bump to the top!
Old 07-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Charter Member

Bump with some extra photos showing the OOOO size, for comparables below are two photos comparing the Pono OOOO & an Eastman E10D, along with an Eastman E20OM.

As you can tell, the Eastman dread and Pono are very similar in size, the Eastman is slightly deeper (1/4") and the bouts are different. But similar in size.

Also is an Eastman OM, so for reference, it's a slightly bigger body shape and deeper.

Overall I'd say it's in between a dread and a OM body.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-25-2019, 02:26 PM
Charter Member

Bump to the top, PMs answered, contact me if you would like to swing by this weekend and to a test ride!
Old 07-27-2019, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Saturday morning pre-ride bump!
Old 07-30-2019, 02:25 PM
Charter Member

Added a shipping option for those at lower elevations
Old 08-06-2019, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

Price lowered to $775, PM me with any questions or if you would like to take a test drive.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

Saturday morning bump!
Old 08-19-2019, 05:25 PM
Charter Member

Bump to the top, PMs answered, contact me if you have questions or would like a test ride!
Old 08-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Charter Member

Smile Amazing this is still here...

Here is some Pono AGF stuff from a few years back...

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=337010

Scroll down a bit for happy 0000 owners comments!

Please tell us the actual dimensions. That might help your cause...

Best on this

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 08-19-2019, 08:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Here is some Pono AGF stuff from a few years back...

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=337010

Scroll down a bit for happy 0000 owners comments!

Please tell us the actual dimensions. That might help your cause...

Best on this

Paul
Good point Paul -

Length 40.2 in / Scale 25.4 in / Neck to body 14 fret / Lower Bout 16 in / Upper Bout 11.75 in / Depth Upper Bout 4.25 in / Depth Lower Bout 4.75 in / Nut Width 1.75

If anyone else needs a measurement please contact me, those measurements were directly from Pono but I can break out a ruler

Last edited by acousticjazz; 09-22-2019 at 03:57 PM. Reason: updated measurements

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars