The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-16-2018, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

Default Lr Baggs Anthem

Hey all,
Has anyone with some general skills ever installed one of these pick ups? I installed one in my martin but it was just the SL and I wonder if I did the under-saddle transducer correct. I have since sold the martin just last week and will be getting a new guitar this week and have a full anthem on standby for install. How do you know if the saddle is moving when you put the strings on etc?
2017 Taylor 714ce
Old 04-16-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbelsch View Post
Hey all,
Has anyone with some general skills ever installed one of these pick ups? I installed one in my martin but it was just the SL and I wonder if I did the under-saddle transducer correct. I have since sold the martin just last week and will be getting a new guitar this week and have a full anthem on standby for install. How do you know if the saddle is moving when you put the strings on etc?
Out of curiosity, what made you question the installation of the under-saddle? Were certain strings weaker sounding? I only ask because I had the SL installed professionally but always felt like the Under-saddle wasn't providing enough bass. I think that's just the design but I always wondered if it was installed properly.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:37 AM
Charter Member

TBH It was the first install i had ever done so i figured why not start with a hard install I am just getting a guitar that is custom made and I want to be very careful with the install this time around. I had 0 issues with the install the first time around. If you had some bass issues I would question if the person who professionally installed maybe drilled straight down in the bridge and the break of the transducer maybe caused issues. Luckily LR baggs would send a replacement if you reached out to them, Their customer service is great.
2017 Taylor 714ce

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification