The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 03-30-2018, 02:41 PM

That’s a very useful go by for both experienced and inexperienced folks (like myself) I’d imagine. Thanks for posting it.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:57 PM

I've always done the "tail graft" prior to gluing on the back or top. To me, it made sense to saw and chisel for this piece when I can rest the tail block on a board which I have extending past the edge of my workbench. I can still use clamps to hold things steady.

Is there a reason to do this after the top and back are on? I'm always open to changing how I do things.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:36 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDuck View Post
I've always done the "tail graft" prior to gluing on the back or top. To me, it made sense to saw and chisel for this piece when I can rest the tail block on a board which I have extending past the edge of my workbench. I can still use clamps to hold things steady.

Is there a reason to do this after the top and back are on? I'm always open to changing how I do things.
I guess it depends on your end graft design. I sometimes have the end graft flow into the binding in which case I need to know exactly where the binding will be so the top and the back need to be in place:

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright
Old 04-04-2018, 07:34 PM

That makes sense. Thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair