The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-21-2004, 08:16 PM

Default My newest recording....

Ok - thought I'd take the plunge and share a track I just finished ... well ... remixed anyways. It's not an acoustic tune, more of a rock tune (Christian rock). The lead was done with my '83 Strat and the rhythm and fills were recorded with my Brian Moore. Also - all piano and strings were recorded using the Brian Moore's MIDI guitar pickup through Gigastudio. Hope you likes...

Without You
Old 12-21-2004, 10:08 PM

I like it -- it has a tasty 80's / simple minds feel to it. Pretty cool that you used the Brian Moore to track the piano.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:40 AM

Harlon, you dog. That is a great recording. I also took the liberty of browsing your website. Very impressive. All the best to you. Hope your new DDSM arrives soon. I know you are anxious.

BTW, where is Lake Jackson?

Merry CHRISTmas.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:38 AM

Harlon, that sounds great! "Without You" reminds me of the Friends theme -- too bad for you they haven't heard yours -- it would have been a great song fo rthem to use for the Joey spinoff (though Joey might not last).

Your Brian Moore guitar -- which specific parts did you do with it -- do I hear voices in the background? -- I have a Brian Moore with the 13pin out and a Roland G20, and I'm just curious. Thanks!

Great song == good job mixing! --

Will
Old 12-22-2004, 10:12 AM

Awesome. Great mix.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:26 PM

Wow - excellent. Great message as well.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhudson
BTW, where is Lake Jackson?

Merry CHRISTmas.
about 25 mi S of Houston, about 20 mi WSW of Galveston
Old 12-22-2004, 06:14 PM

Thanks for taking the time to listen, and for the kind words. Rhudson, I can't wait for the DDSM. I still presume it will be in January (probably late January). And Larry handled the Lake Jackson question, although for the record I must say I'm originally a Sweeny, Tx boy!

Will - in answer to your question, I used the Brian Moore on the into section (it repeats several times) and the end. All I played with it was the piano and strings in the background.

I also use a GI-20. I have a computer that I use specifically for that. By using Gigastudio, Kontakt and Garritan Personal Orchestra the computer is basically an instrument. I simply run out of my Echo Mia soundcard into my Multi-track computer and record as audio. Then I can edit it just like anything else. The results can be impressive. Not trying to hijack my own thread (or overdo the posting of my music) listen to this. It's a 1:40 second instrumental I recorded using the Brian Moore with Giga and Garritan. To offer a quick background - we had a baby (Chloe) this year. After she was born I wanted to write her a song. Well - for 9 months our only connection with her was hearing her heartbeat when we went to the doctor. So the song is called "Chloe's Heartbeat". To me - the realism of the MIDI guitar (with an expression pedal) and these programs are pretty cool. Just a sample of what you can do with it. I recorded every instrument with it (about 25 or 30 tracks).

Chloe's Heartbeat
Old 12-22-2004, 07:27 PM

Great recordings!!! Christian Rock??? YOU COULD BE THE NEXT JESSICA SIMPSON, did I happen to mention my DDSM Should be here tomorrow!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:48 PM

Quote:
YOU COULD BE THE NEXT JESSICA SIMPSON
As long as it's not ASHLEY Simpson! I prefer to actually sing! (or at least make a valiant attempt!) Plus I dance better.

And yes - you told me about your guitar arriving tomorrow!!! STOP REMINDING ME!! The wait on mine is killing me!!! (kidding, of course )
Old 12-22-2004, 08:06 PM

I am a little afraid something bad is gonna happen with my guitar, because I keep bugging you about getting it, but great recordings! Jessica Simpson did start out in christian rock, didn't she?

Last edited by C_RIVER_HUNTER; 12-22-2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:08 PM

Good stuff Harlon. I loved it!

Scott
Old 12-27-2004, 06:40 PM

Hi quality stuff. Really enjoyed it. Vocals were excellent..very tight. Nice mixing job.

Robert

"I've tasted and obtained wealth, fame and power and can testify that they do not compare to the satisfaction that I have tasted from one drop of water from the cup of Christ which has quenched my thirst."

- Malcom Muggeridge
Old 12-27-2004, 09:02 PM

Thanks, fellers!!! I do appreciate the kind words!
Old 12-28-2004, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlon
As long as it's not ASHLEY Simpson! I prefer to actually sing! (or at least make a valiant attempt!) Plus I dance better.
Please, show some respect; it's spelled AshleE.

Thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell