The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-30-2016, 08:52 AM

Default Taylor Baritone-8... SOLD

Up for your consideration is a now discontinued secret gem of the guitar world. This 2013 Taylor Baritone-8 is in absolutely near mint/excellent+ condition and has never left my humidity controlled home studio since I’ve owned it. Specs from the Taylor website are at the link below, but to point out a few highlights:

https://www.taylorguitars.com/guitar...tic/baritone-8

Grand Symphony (GS) Body Shape
27” scale length
1 ¾” nut
Expression System
Sitka over Indian Rosewood (all top shelf)
Bone nut and saddle
Original Taylor hard case, also in as new condition

In case you do not know much about this model: The Baritone-8 takes the deep growl of a boutique quality baritone acoustic, and adds additional shimmer and clarity to a guitar that can otherwise lean toward muddy/bass heavy. I find that the additional two strings, pitched one octave higher, add the sparkle of a 12 string to a standard baritone, but without the heavy-handedness required of having all strings doubled. The 27” scale (on the shorter side for a baritone) also helps with the playability, keeping the Baritone-8 within the good reputation for excellent action that Taylor is known for.

My particular unit is in superb condition – apart from a slight capo impression that does note break the finish (pictured below), there are no dings, scratches, repairs, smoke smell, etc… The action is spot on. Neck is perfectly solid and straight. The rosewood has a nice reddish hue that favors more like my 914, and the sitka top shows a lot of silk. I think Taylor did a great job on selecting the woods on these.

As far as tone, the bass presents a lot of sustain with the midrange being clear and glassy (in part due to the two double strings). I use it in dropped/alt tunings a lot, with makes it rumble even more, but still retaining a good balance across the strings. I think these will only maintain or increase their value as Taylor keeps it discontinued status. Even with that aside, it is just a great instrument to get the creative juices flowing, or to add color to other acoustic works. The ES works perfectly.

I don’t want to sell, but as you can see in my sig, domestic priorities have taken precedence, so something must go.

Asking $2300, plus shipping/insurance as the buyer selects. Cashier’s check, money order, check (7 days), paypal gift, or local cash only. Email or ping me with any offers or questions.

I attached a few pics below, though see the link for additional views:

Last edited by TomB'sox; 02-08-2023 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Public discussion of price not allowed

Last edited by jmkratt; 04-04-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:08 PM

Just a quick shout-out and recommendation on the seller. I know JMKratt as another local Denverite. He's a top notch guy with nothing but integrity.

Nice guitar!
Old 03-31-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalowdwn1 View Post
Just a quick shout-out and recommendation on the seller. I know JMKratt as another local Denverite. He's a top notch guy with nothing but integrity.

Nice guitar!
Thanks dude

Last edited by TomB'sox; 02-08-2023 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Public discussion of price not allowed
Old 04-01-2016, 11:53 PM

Bump....

Old 04-02-2016, 11:51 AM

PM sent...great guitar!
Old 04-02-2016, 10:26 PM

PM responded, thank you very much!

Old 04-16-2016, 05:19 AM

Wonderful guitar, great guy/seller...described perfectly, quick-shipped...first guitar I've bought in years, and I'm glad I did!!!

And for anyone who cares - the Shubb 12-string Deluxe capo is the one to get for this guitar...my Keyser 'fretted' it a bit sharp, and had trouble with the octave strings...

Dan in MD

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
8-string, baritone, baritone guitar, taylor