The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-31-2023, 08:44 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Guild Starfire SALE!!!

Strings by Mail is having a sale on Guild Starfire guitars.
After all they are made to be played!

Contact us to make a deal

Old 03-31-2023, 11:21 AM

Not to be a hype guy, but I think these guitars don't get the notice they deserve. I've loved my Guild Starfire Jet 90 since I got it. I can't speak to all of the current Guild line, but this model is not flashy looking if you like to stare at guitars close up. Matte finish, no binding on the f holes -- those sort of little touches. From stage distance they'd look fine, and if you're listening and playing, they are pleasing. Very pleasing. Yes, a little quirky, but for anyone interested in more off-the-beaten path sounds they deliver.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 03-31-2023, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

No hype, and I can't agree more Frank. I had a late 90's Starfire II with harp tailpiece, man what a good sounding guitar through my Fender Blues Jr.
Straight in no pedals, great sounding guitar.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 03-31-2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
Not to be a hype guy, but I think these guitars don't get the notice they deserve...
Sad to say they never really did, in spite of some high-profile users over the years. FWIW my wife used one of the current MIK Starfire XII reissues as her main stage guitar just before our last band broke up: extremely versatile, sounds like an orchestra through the neck pickup but still covers the classic '60s chime with the bridge pickup, all with more front-end gain than the ubiquitous Ricks - I can only wonder what might have been, had John Lennon used the custom-built Starfire XII given to him in late '65 by Mark Dronge (son of Guild's founder) during the Beatles' final touring days...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars