The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-26-2019, 07:12 PM

My 000-28EC is my favorite guitar by far. The Taylor neck is my 2nd favorite and i can go back and forth with no problems.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueser100 View Post
I am a 5’ tall lady with small hands. I have a 2015 CEO7 and used to have D18V (sold b/c of dread size not V neck). I find the V neck quite comfortable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTFoote View Post
I'm a huge fan of the MLO necks - the most comfortable I've ever played. Simply put, "V" necks cause me pain and swelling. Which is why I've got a 00L-17, instead of the CEO-7. From what I've read, most people prefer the CEO-7, but I'm very happy with my choice. It's a lot of guitar for the money.
One size doesn't fit all. I'm a guy who's hands are not large. Slim necks give me hand pain. I can get an hour or so out of my E10OM before I have to switch or quit. Same with a 335-style that I may have to sell due to the neck. I have one acoustic with a full round C-profile neck that starts at about 0.86" and I can play it all day. V-necks aren't my favorite, but the two I have with mild Vs have enough meat that they work fine.

Just a word of caution: If an instrument causes hand pain, be careful. Change your technique (if possible), limit exposure, or consider a different guitar. Tendonitis takes a lot more time and work to get rid of than to acquire. I went through that on a different instrument, and was out of the game for a year. Not worth it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion