The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-26-2019, 07:43 PM
Charter Member

my mini review of one is here

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 05-26-2019, 08:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
I didn't like the look of mine when I first saw it. I thought it looked like a Taylor. And it does, one of the guys at my jam group plays an ovangkol Taylor GA and other than the headstock and pick-guard, it sure looks like my mutenye GP.

I grew on me as I was going around trying Martin guitars and I ended up getting a great deal on it from Maury's.

I now also have a Custom Shop OM-18. It's a once in a lifetime guitar for me, but I really like the size of my GP. It's kind of like the Three Bears. This one is not too small, not too big, it's just right.

So I'll see what I find later. Maybe a new GP will be coming home with me!
I’ve been eyeing up the om18 custom ambertone that Maury’s has. Is it that one? I’ve got to hold off till next year though.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
I’ve been eyeing up the om18 custom ambertone that Maury’s has. Is it that one? I’ve got to hold off till next year though.
No, mine is a 6-year-old Custom order from Mandolin Bros on Staten Island. I got it used last year in perfect condition. It's an amazing guitar. Two friends of mine who play a d-18 and a d-28 respectively were blown away when I had them try it.

I've never been happy enough with the 000-18's I've tried to want to take one home. When I first saw this, I thought it was another 000-18 but it has tone for miles. I was lucky to find it and I plan on giving it away on my deathbed.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion