The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-23-2018, 10:55 PM

Pats gotta win next Sunday, against Miami.
Especially since I’ll be there!
Old 09-23-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post

Miami is on fire and we lost to them last time. I can only hope we get Chung and Flowers on defense and Edelman on the slot.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Cool. Patriots are already 2 games back of Miami so it's a big game.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:04 AM

It was a weird week...the Browns, Bills, Lions and Redskins all won. What are the chances of that?!
Old 09-24-2018, 06:39 AM

I like Tom Brady because he's Vegan, and made a great show of fake-eating turkey a few years back on a Thanksgiving bit . I also like him screaming on the sidelines , whatever, exactly, he was screaming, about his boys having one honking job, or making one honking play. Oh, and he's the greatest ever, but it's time that team stopped winning so much
Old 09-24-2018, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

* Well like I said before we ain't gonna get r done with Blake Bortles. It might as well have been Blain Gabbert switchin' sides
Now after the Lions win over the Pats, our win over them doesn't seem that great as maybe the Pats aren't the juggernaut team this year...btw I was rooting for the Pats.

** Well the Titans have our number on our home field and it's an annoying shame. I was watching from the stage playing at a tiki bar, thankfully the music and a few Coronas eased the pain...PLUS growing up in Miami in my early days during the 72 season was my introduction to the NFL and I became a huge Fins fan so I'm glad they are winning, as well as, the Bucs too!!

*** When Marino retired, and then living in Jax, I converted to the home team Jags, but as long as one of the three FLA teams are winning I'm happy, tho the way the Jags looked Sunday, they may have even struggled on a college Saturday game against my pathetic Noles. ...please excuse my Monday morning bi-polar nfl blues.

Last edited by noledog; 09-24-2018 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Charter Member

I've lived in the Philly area for about 26 years now, so I'm not an Eagles lifer, but it only took me a few years to be a pretty hard core fan. Yesterday they played my first love, the Colts, and I was glad the Iggles pulled it out. I was a little kid in Baltimore during the Unitas/Berry peak years for the Colts and I can't like them since they stole away to Indianapolis in the dark of night. But they really should have had the good taste to change their name and/or uniforms. Something about a team named the Colts still wearing nearly the EXACT same uniforms as my childhood heroes does set off some sort of primordial response. Very unsettling and confusing stuff.

I hope the Eagles make another deep run. I think they have the horses when they're healthy. But I don't even WANT a Pats like dynasty - I don't think my old heart could take the stress. But last year was a LOT of fun for a Super Bowl starved city/region.

That said, I think I'm defined by my dislike for the Cowboys and now the Patriots as much as my attachment to the Eagles. Since they both lost yesterday, it was a very good day. I think the Pats are ready to suck and I'd like the think losing the Super Bowl last year may have been the beginning of the end. All great players stay too long and I think Brady is looking really tired lately, like he did when he tried to run for that catch in the Super Bowl last year. And the Cowboys look like they're getting set for another few years of being terrible, which always warms me to my very soul...
Old 09-24-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I have been slightly shocked by my lowly Dolphins doing so well so far this year. I just hope they don't do the typical, (for them) which is start fast out of the gate and fade in Nov/December when the playoff teams are surging and playing their best football.

So far, none of Miami's games have been pretty, but they are winning even if it's a gritty grind.

I was also very surprised last night that the Pats got beat by the Lions. This is not the usual Patriots team we've all seen for at leas the last decade.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:56 AM

Default NFL Week 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb9682 View Post
I have been slightly shocked by my lowly Dolphins doing so well so far this year. I just hope they don't do the typical, (for them) which is start fast out of the gate and fade in Nov/December when the playoff teams are surging and playing their best football.

So far, none of Miami's games have been pretty, but they are winning even if it's a gritty grind.

I was also very surprised last night that the Pats got beat by the Lions. This is not the usual Patriots team we've all seen for at leas the last decade.
We had two key defense players out, including our best pass rusher. Also Edelman will be off his suspension come next week. Patriots were crippled last night. Plus it was the Lions home, after going 0-2 and Patricia has probably been waiting for this game his whole life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
It was a weird week...the Browns, Bills, Lions and Redskins all won. What are the chances of that?!

It’s not that Bills won, it’s how bad they beat one of the strongest teams in the league!
Old 09-26-2018, 08:45 PM

The Unitas Colts were my first favorite team too. My lotto numbers are still

19 - John Unitas
21 - Rick Volk
32 - Mike Curtis
36 - Norm Bulaich
41 - Tom Matte
50 - Bill Curry

But I did forgive the move eventually and followed the Manning Colts too.

I never forgave the Jets for 1968, as the Raiders were my American League Team and the Colts my National League team. Until Bill Parcells took over.

I have been in NYC for almost 30 years and have adopted the Jets and Giants. But really, having come from Ohio and liking the Raiders and the Vikings of the 1970s, I am just a fan of the game whose favorite team is anyone playing the Steelers.

Ironically, Big Ben played for my High School and wanted the Browns to draft him. Sigh.

It has been a wild year so far. Quite unpredictable. Makes for exciting games.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Miami is on fire and we lost to them last time. I can only hope we get Chung and Flowers on defense and Edelman on the slot.
Edelman is still suspended.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 09-26-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Edelman is still suspended.

Oh yeah you’re right it was a 4 game suspension. Well things are not looking good so far.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb9682 View Post

Pats were 2-2 last year and just barely beat the Texans at home for one of those wins and could have been 1-3. In 2014, the Pats got annihilated against KC on Monday night, fell to 2-2, I think, and wound up winning the Superbowl that year.

You don't get much out of the first month of the season and the Pats experiment with personnel the first month more than most teams.

That being said, they lost Lewis, Amendola, and Cooks. They also cut a lot of WR's in preseason, so Tom is a little handicapped until Edelman comes back and hopefully Gordon too. The defense also has to play better. Also, the OC, Josh Daniels, didn't seem to alter his playbook much from last year with their full arsenal. He needs to call more plays for the players he currently has which should include many more screens and quick hitting routes.

Let's see what happens next week.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 09-27-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Pats were 2-2 last year and just barely beat the Texans at home for one of those wins and could have been 1-3. In 2014, the Pats got annihilated against KC on Monday night, fell to 2-2, I think, and wound up winning the Superbowl that year.

You don't get much out of the first month of the season and the Pats experiment with personnel the first month more than most teams.

That being said, they lost Lewis, Amendola, and Cooks. They also cut a lot of WR's in preseason, so Tom is a little handicapped until Edelman comes back and hopefully Gordon too. The defense also has to play better. Also, the OC, Josh Daniels, didn't seem to alter his playbook much from last year with their full arsenal. He needs to call more plays for the players he currently has which should include many more screens and quick hitting routes.

Let's see what happens next week.

I was gonna say in 2012 there were already talks about Brady being done because they were 1-2. They made it to the AFC championship after a 12-4 season (and lost to the Ravens ugh). As early as last season the Patriots defense was ranked dead last by week 4 at 2-2. We all know what happened later that season.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:44 PM

Miami has had a special Voodoo where the Patriots are concerned, just like the Browns have had a special Voodoo over the Raiders since the Browns moved from the NFL to the AFC.

So this is a VERY interesting weekend indeed.

And that is not even mentioning the other interesting games.

Who'd a thunk the Saints would be in panic mode when facing the Giant in Week 4?

Is the Bucs' Fitzmagic a real thing or not?

Andrew Luck is really back, but are we back to the old Colts dominance of the dysfunctional Texans?

Ravens fly into Pittsburgh for THE game of each team's season.

THIS is why I pay $300 to get NFL Sunday Ticket on my laptop.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic