The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Old 09-08-2018, 03:40 PM

Default 1950's Kluson Deluxe tuners 100% Original

Here is a set of 100% original Kluson Deluxe tuners from 1951-1956, give or take a year, commonly referred to as the 'no-line' tuners.

Unlike 90% of these 65 year old Kluson Deluxe tuners which have shrunken, deteriorated or replaced ugly repro buttons (ugh!), these 65 year old tuners still have their original celluloid buttons and are all in excellent condition! Since originality and functionality are two critical components of owning a valuable vintage guitar, these tuners are a great find for someone needing a nice original set. They were standard issue on several Gibson guitars such as the Southern Jumbo, L-48, L-50 & ES-150. $250 + shipping.

I searched eBay and could not find anyone selling a set of these same tuners but in the past I've seen these particular tuners sell for about $300-$350, sometimes with replaced tuner buttons! Search for yourself. Someone should be pretty happy to score this set at a reasonable price!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 Kluson 1950-55 no line (1a).jpg (22.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 1 Kluson 1950-55 no line (1b).jpg (23.9 KB, 79 views)
Old 09-30-2018, 02:54 PM

I'm surprised that no one here has jumped on this set of 1950's era Kluson Deluxe tuners since the vast majority of these tuners for sale elsewhere and currently on guitars have replaced celluloid buttons! In addition, the percentages are also high that if you ever find a decent 1950's Gibson guitar at a reasonable price (has that ship sailed?), it won't have original Kluson tuners and you might wish you had scored this nice set when the opportunity arose!

That said, I'm open to a reasonable offer but also know that every seller is asking more than $250 for their 1950's Kluson Deluxe tuner set if it has original buttons!

I've also got a few sets of later 1950's Kluson Deluxe tuners, sets of six tuners or the 3-on-a-plank style so email me if interested in discussing?
Old 10-09-2018, 07:26 PM

Here's someone listing another set of the same early 1950's era Kluson Deluxe tuners...but with the typical deteriorated knobs yet...on the Bay for $395 which makes my set with solid original knobs a GREAT deal: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-195...ty!32173!US!-1

Still not sure why no one has jumped on the clean set I'm offering for a low price but if this isn't the right Forum or market for this kind of stuff I'll slide quietly into the night and try my hand elsewhere. Just sayin'.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other