The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-21-2018, 05:01 PM

Default Must Be Easy to Commit Homicide

Can't do much today. Treating an ear infection and recovering from a trigger finger treatment at the same time. Drops in the ear and ice on the hand.

Hard time hearing clearly and the one channel whose audio I can hear Is ID channel. Show after show on homicide investigations and trials.

What strikes me is how many killers manipulate others into committing the crime.
In one case they detailed, a teenage girl was able to convince two guys that they were getting emails from the CIA telling them they needed to kill somebody to protect the self-same girl. They did it and, of course, got caught. During their interview with police, they even kept asking for someone from CIA to come in and explain it.

Other geniuses call the hit man they hired on their cell phone, talk for 15 minutes, and then tell the cops it was a wrong number.

The biggest dimwits are the ones who try and make their crime look like an accident.

Watching these shows, you feel like most homicides are done by half-wits rather than the diabolical criminals portrayed on the crime dramas. Most of these cases don't require CSI, you just have to look at their cellphone and they are got.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:24 PM

My wife and I watch our fair share of Discovery ID. Joe Kenda, Homicide Hunter is our favorite. New season starts August 29.

Our favorite saying? "It's always the spouse!"
Old 08-21-2018, 05:35 PM

I miss Columbo. He always solved every homicide, even if it was Johnny Cash.

Working in Chicago I keep hearing about how many people get shot and murdered each week-end. Scary stuff. 54 people shot this past week-end, 4 died at last check.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:05 PM

Wichita seems to be returning to the Wild West days. Many of the recent homicides are by drunken fools with guns.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:11 PM

Easy to do, hard to recover from.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I miss Columbo. He always solved every homicide, even if it was Johnny Cash.

Working in Chicago I keep hearing about how many people get shot and murdered each week-end. Scary stuff. 54 people shot this past week-end, 4 died at last check.
As I get it, they are solving many of those because the victims are either unrelated bystanders or within the criminal circle, there are too many potential suspects.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
Can't do much today. Treating an ear infection and recovering from a trigger finger treatment at the same time. Drops in the ear and ice on the hand.

Hard time hearing clearly and the one channel whose audio I can hear Is ID channel. Show after show on homicide investigations and trials.

What strikes me is how many killers manipulate others into committing the crime.
In one case they detailed, a teenage girl was able to convince two guys that they were getting emails from the CIA telling them they needed to kill somebody to protect the self-same girl. They did it and, of course, got caught. During their interview with police, they even kept asking for someone from CIA to come in and explain it.

Other geniuses call the hit man they hired on their cell phone, talk for 15 minutes, and then tell the cops it was a wrong number.

The biggest dimwits are the ones who try and make their crime look like an accident.

Watching these shows, you feel like most homicides are done by half-wits rather than the diabolical criminals portrayed on the crime dramas. Most of these cases don't require CSI, you just have to look at their cellphone and they are got.
HHP,
I hope that your finger heals quickly so that you can stick it in your infected ear. Is it possible that you got the ear infection from listening to bad music and watching bad TV?

Once when I flew to the USA, and hired a car fr a long trip I developed an ear infection too. It might have been the constant noise or pressure changes on the plane from London, or it might have been the incessant babbling and nasty music on the car radio .. can't be sure.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
HHP,
I hope that your finger heals quickly so that you can stick it in your infected ear. Is it possible that you got the ear infection from listening to bad music and watching bad TV?

Once when I flew to the USA, and hired a car fr a long trip I developed an ear infection too. It might have been the constant noise or pressure changes on the plane from London, or it might have been the incessant babbling and nasty music on the car radio .. can't be sure.
The ear thing sort of came out of nowhere. One minute it was a mild discomfort and the next it was agonizing pain.

Haven't been to any doctor in several years. This happened on Saturday so I went one of Franciscan Hospitals urgent care facilities. Very surprised to get in, examined, and out in under an hour. They've called to check on me twice.

The good news is that gave me hydrocodone for the pain. The prescription was for 5 tablets but they filled it for 25. I think the prescription was about 40 cents a pill and they will knock you loopy.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:44 PM

I like to watch "Forensic Files". If you don't get them regularly on your TV they are all available on Youtube. They are cleverly done, and the narrator, Peter Thomas, has a pleasant soothing voice.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
My wife and I watch our fair share of Discovery ID. Joe Kenda, Homicide Hunter is our favorite. New season starts August 29.

Our favorite saying? "It's always the spouse!"
Thanks for the heads-up. I've been wondering when they'd start airing new ones again. I started watching Joe because I live about an hour west of Colorado Springs, and I got hooked.

"Dreamin' just comes natural, like the first breath from a baby"
Old 08-21-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post

The good news is that gave me hydrocodone for the pain. The prescription was for 5 tablets but they filled it for 25. I think the prescription was about 40 cents a pill and they will knock you loopy.
Hydrocodone is amazing. I got a script after a painful medical procedure. Wow, it made me feel so good! Very relaxed and euphoric. I can see how people get addicted to them. Thankfully I did not.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
.....it might have been the incessant babbling and nasty music on the car radio .. can't be sure.
People tend to forget, but there is such a thing as the "off" button. Radios, cell phones, TV's.... all have them. I've been using them a lot more lately myself.

And kudos Andy for daring to drive a "hire car" (rental) in the US on the wrong side of the road. from your perspective. I would be hesitant to do that in the UK or Oz myself.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic