The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-20-2018, 05:46 AM

I have almost a dozen Cocobolo goose and duck calls. The oldest was made ~40 years ago. They all still look fantastic. My Emerald Woody will only need to last ~20 years till I'm gone, after that I really won't care.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
My Emerald Woody will only need to last ~20 years till I'm gone, after that I really won't care.
... I think certain Emerald guitar models are now allowed in the afterlife... so should be fine in extreme heat... just sayin ‘
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-20-2018, 07:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
... I think certain Emerald guitar models are now allowed in the afterlife... so should be fine in extreme heat... just sayin ‘
Thanks for the morning belly laugh!
Old 08-20-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
My Emerald Woody will only need to last ~20 years till I'm gone, after that I really won't care.
In case you find you don't get to take it with you, then let me know and I will help you find a new home for this prize toy.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 08-20-2018, 06:01 PM
Guest 928

Why Mot, how shameless. Sort of like the movie Zorba The Greek, awaiting the fallout of death. Don't be looking at me, the closest to the other side-- I'm getting it down to one, and that will go my nephew K or my grandson--which ever one impresses me the most. Go to the back of the line...............
Old 08-20-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I'm getting it down to one, and that will go my nephew K or my grandson--which ever one impresses me the most.
You are like the best Uncle a boy could ever, ever ... EVER have oh great fav Unc Evy!! Been meaning to mention that all along... just that spell check comes up with other things on here sometimes and spells out something a bit less superlative ... always something'...sigh...
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-20-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Why Mot, how shameless. Sort of like the movie Zorba The Greek, awaiting the fallout of death. Don't be looking at me, the closest to the other side-- I'm getting it down to one, and that will go my nephew K or my grandson--which ever one impresses me the most. Go to the back of the line...............
I was thinking a modest finder's fee and of course any storage cost until we can properly vet any applicants.

https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2016/02/06

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?

Last edited by mot; 08-20-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

I think this one darkened...

Old 08-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Guest 928

My dear nephew;

I really appreciate the incredibly insincere bold, CAPITOLIZED and !!! of adoration--creative and probably counterintuitive. Good job, and I'll keep you on my list.

Mot;

Very good thinking! If you will start paying me modest finder's and storage fees I will put you back on the list as a viable applicant.

And, just to keep on the thread, my woody has not darkened at all, as far as I can tell.

Last edited by Guest 928; 08-23-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
If you will start paying me modest finder's and storage fees I will put you back on the list as a viable applicant.
Check's in the mail just like last time. I assumed that this is the same sum with the usual discounts applied.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:09 PM
Guest 928

OK Mr. Mot, you've just dropped to the bottom of my list. First, there never was a check in the mail the last time--I almost forgot, but now that you've reminded me, pay up.

Second, you don't even have my address so you can't have sent me check. As hard as it is to imagine, you've dropped lower than Mr. K. No cigar, excuse me, no guitar for you.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

Now, now... let's not make this about who can suck up the most to Evan. He is wise enough to know when you guys are brown nosing. I suggest that we just continue to treat him like the prince of guy that he is.

I hope those guys didn't make you feel uncomfortable, Evan.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:18 PM

Must have been PayPal then. It's been so long since I didn't send you that money that I don't remember exactly how I didn't do it. Guess I'm just trying to horn in on the family business that's so special K calls you uncle. Horning in is my special T.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:11 PM
Guest 928

Captain;

You're telling me that Mr. Mot and Mr. K are brown nosing me? Thank you for your honesty, your appeals for peace and for your kind words--I think maybe I'll just put you on my list, ahead of the previously mentioned brown-nosers.
Old 08-26-2018, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Captain;

You're telling me that Mr. Mot and Mr. K are brown nosing me? Thank you for your honesty, your appeals for peace and for your kind words--I think maybe I'll just put you on my list, ahead of the previously mentioned brown-nosers.
Which only makes sense. I am currently on a couple lists, one compiled by my friend, Santa, the other by my wife. Seems that both of them think you have to be good, for goodness sakes.

Fortunately for me, you don't have to be good to get stuff, as long as you have your own money.

I'd rather see you hang on to most of those guitars; some pretty unique instruments there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber