The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Charter Member

Strings do make a difference on the X7. I liked the sound of the D'addario strings that came on mine in 2016, but I like the sound and feel of the Elixirs even more. Over the past couple years, I have tried some other strings, but always come back to the Elixirs.

From what has been posted by Alistair, there may be a slight difference in tone with the wood veneer, but it would be insignificant.

That beautiful January 2018 Select Series woody is the same build that Emerald has been making for several years on the X7. It wasn't until the end of May this year that the announcement for the new, larger-body X7 was announced.

Beautiful guitar - congrats!
Old 08-10-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
Not to spoil your honeymoon, but didn't Emerald still make the old version back in January 2018? The shape of the sound hole also looks different from the current model shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoquFKCRz_A
Umm no. Look at the Emerald site. It’s January select series
Old 08-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaan View Post
Umm no. Look at the Emerald site. It’s January select series
The January Select Series X7 has the same body and soundhole as my 2016 X7. The new X7 (announced at the end of May, 2018) has a soundhole that is shaped like the X20; also larger body dimensions and different neck join compared to the X7s built May 2018 and earlier. Same neck scale and nut width. I haven't heard one in person, yet, but I would expect the new X7 to sound bigger, as well.

This thread is about the January Select Series X7 woody, which is gorgeous, but is not the newest design.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:34 PM

Hi Bob.

I appreciate hearing that your X7 is good for playing out with small groups. Was considering a bigger travel guitar.

Cheers.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber