The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-02-2020, 10:03 PM

Harbaugh has been a TOTAL failure at U of M, and now "they" know it! Even with 100% support from the alumni and an unlimited budget, the best he could do was SUCK! I'm too old now to see the program rebuild and compete with the "big boys"----maybe in my next life! Meanwhile, I can enjoy watching the good programs compete with their bottomless pit budgets and their "student athletes"!

Fog
Old 11-03-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
Harbaugh has been a TOTAL failure at U of M, and now "they" know it! Even with 100% support from the alumni and an unlimited budget, the best he could do was SUCK! I'm too old now to see the program rebuild and compete with the "big boys"----maybe in my next life! Meanwhile, I can enjoy watching the good programs compete with their bottomless pit budgets and their "student athletes"!

Fog
Actually, some highly-regarded schools, like Boston College do compete with real student athletes. Witness their performance against Clemson.
Admission standards and academic performance at Ohio State for athletes are among the highest in the nation these days. In many instances, things have changed for the better.
As far as “Harbs” goes, you said it all.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 11-07-2020, 03:02 PM

What games are you following today? Clemson (1) and Notre Dame (4) is a highlight. Rooting for Notre Dame and Ohio State.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

The PAC12 is back!!....and the Ducks are looking pretty good!...the playoffs are a long shot for the PAC12 but if a team can get all their games in...run the table and rack up some blowouts it’s possible....I ain’t holding my breath but stranger things have happened....
Old 11-08-2020, 08:39 AM
Charter Member

Notre Dame knocked off Clemson 47-40 in OT. Total yards... 992.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
The PAC12 is back!!....and the Ducks are looking pretty good!...the playoffs are a long shot for the PAC12 but if a team can get all their games in...run the table and rack up some blowouts it’s possible....I ain’t holding my breath but stranger things have happened....
Great to see the PAC12 back. When I worked in Salem, OR, the residents were split between the Beavers and the Ducks ... and you would avoid I-5 on game day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Notre Dame knocked off Clemson 47-40 in OT. Total yards... 992.
Yea! Guessing Alabama is the new #1. Then Ohio State, Notre Dame, Clemson. Don't think Clemson drops out of the top 4. Possible Clemson is still ranked ahead of Notre Dame.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:04 PM

I couldn’t get the Buckeyes game here in SW Florida but I’d like to know if the Bucks put in the 2nd and 3rd team for Rutgers to score so many points. Hopefully our defense isn’t that porous!
Old 11-09-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRon View Post
I couldn’t get the Buckeyes game here in SW Florida but I’d like to know if the Bucks put in the 2nd and 3rd team for Rutgers to score so many points. Hopefully our defense isn’t that porous!
They mixed in some younger kids throughout the second half.
There was a fumble as we were going in to score that ended up turning into points for Rutgers.
There were some mistakes, holding penalties etc.
We lost our a bit of edge in the second half, the score was 35-3 at half time.
Rutgers ran a years worth of trick plays and some of them worked. It wasn’t as bad as it might sound.

Here ya’ go Ron:
https://youtu.be/dP8PXytUdgg

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster

Last edited by rokdog49; 11-09-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-09-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
They mixed in some younger kids throughout the second half.
There was a fumble as we were going in to score that ended up turning into points for Rutgers.
There were some mistakes, holding penalties etc.
We lost our a bit of edge in the second half, the score was 35-3 at half time.
Rutgers ran a years worth of trick plays and some of them worked. It wasn’t as bad as it might sound.

Here ya’ go Ron:
https://youtu.be/dP8PXytUdgg
Thanks for the update! OSU should have won by more than 22 points against Rutgers but what you mention makes sense. Ranked #3!
Old 11-09-2020, 05:30 PM
Charter Member

After watching the refs throw a penalty flag for pass interference against Clemson and then witness them pick it up and say, “ There was no foul on the play” I was reminded of a few similar situations:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...r1ilrq2waaiqiu

And this:

http://es.pn/2eQN5NI

I wonder what having a team in the playoffs means to a conference? I’m willing to bet the actuaries at the ACC know exactly what it’s worth.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:14 AM

After multiple official reviews, NOT ONE went against the home team, Notre Dame. The penalties certainly weren't obvious but the retired official in the booth was wrong on one of them! What goes around etc. is ahead for ND!

Fog
Old 11-14-2020, 02:06 PM

No games today between two top 25 ranked teams. Notre Dame is the only top 5 team playing.

Who you rooting for today?
Old 11-14-2020, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

Pulling for Marshall, playing on the anniversary of the 1970 charter flight crash that claimed the lives of players, coaches, boosters, team support staff and the flight crew.

I’d like to see ND win and make it to the playoffs, even if they do lose in the ACC championship game.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
Pulling for Marshall, playing on the anniversary of the 1970 charter flight crash that claimed the lives of players, coaches, boosters, team support staff and the flight crew.

I’d like to see ND win and make it to the playoffs, even if they do lose in the ACC championship game.
I didn't realize today was the 50th anniversary of that 1970 flight. Tragedy.

I'm rooting for Notre Dame as well. Notre Dame-Clemson in the ACC Championship Game.
Old 11-15-2020, 06:48 AM

I watched the first half of the Wisconsin/Michigan game and all I can say is that was a big ol can of whoop!
Totally outplayed and more importantly out coached according to Harbaugh.
As a lifelong Buckeye fan I hope the skid continues, but surely the natives have seen enough.

Last edited by Kerbie; 11-21-2020 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Please refrain from profanity

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic