The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-26-2020, 07:32 AM
Charter Member

Default Happy Thanksgiving, CF friends!

It's been an unusual year. If you are here and reading this, you have made it thus far through everything 2020 has thrown at us. Through it all, one stabilizing factor has been making music. I am thankful for this special place on the internet; this sub-forum in a large, active guitar community. While it may be the carbon fiber that brings us here, it is the personalities that are interwoven like those fibers that keep many of us here.

Thanks, folks. As is the tradition in many homes, we will say what we are thankful for today... this time in our small setting with the two of us and a big furry feline boy. For me, this CF sub-forum has been more than a place to learn about the guitars we enjoy... I like the NGD posts, the swapping of experiences, the discovery, the photos, but mostly: the passion. I appreciate all the participants here and send our hopes for even better times ahead.

Jim and the ever-encouraging Joan
Old 11-26-2020, 07:46 AM

To the US contingent on the forum, a Happy Thanksgiving from north of the border!

This is the only forum I frequent and I am grateful for all of the knowledge, humour (yup, Canadian spelling) and general camaraderie that occurs here.

Stay safe and healthy and enjoy that turkey!!
Old 11-26-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh View Post
To the US contingent on the forum, a Happy Thanksgiving from north of the border!

This is the only forum I frequent and I am grateful for all of the knowledge, humour (yup, Canadian spelling) and general camaraderie that occurs here.

Stay safe and healthy and enjoy that turkey!!

Hey wild up North man... Gumby and Pokey say Hey
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-26-2020, 08:32 AM

From your Canadian friends (and hopefully a CF owner some day), Happy Thanksgiving Captain Jim!
Old 11-26-2020, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone, a lot of close friends and family didn't make it thru this year, so I'm just thankful being here. 2021 has to be better! I hope everyone gets to make a little music today. CF music if possible.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:40 PM

CaptainJim, thank you for starting this thread. I would like to echo Happy Thanksgiving wishes to my fellow Americans and much belated Happy Thanksgiving greetings to our friends in the "Great White North." And yes, I am equally thankful for our CF friends living in other parts of the globe. I raise an Emerald mug to each of you.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:54 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow carbonistas. It is certainly weird not getting together for feasting and music like we have always done before. Normally we have a choice of three different gatherings.

I certainly look forward to the end of 2020 and the total crap-fest that it has been. Digging down a bit there is still plenty to be thankful for - we are both still here and [mostly] healthy and can still play our instruments. Friends and siblings are doing OK too, although we cannot visit with them. Mom is set up in a good senior care facility in Phoenix so all of her needs are met and she seems happy. The staff brings an iPad to her for family Facetime sessions about once a month to supplement the weekly calls. Visiting this year will be via telephone otherwise.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, Captain Jim! I'm incorporating some carbon in today's Thanksgiving Day playing companions, and talk about Tonal Whiplash!:

Adamas 2087GT-8 Custom; Rickard Maple Ridge (Dobson Tone Ring); Huss & Dalton TD-R

Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 11-26-2020, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Default Happy Thanksgiving, CF friends!

Happy Thanksgiving, indeed, to all who dabble/observe/contribute/spend entirely too much time here!

I prefer to think of it as ‘extreme focus’, rather than ‘obsession’

Life has thrown us some curveballs this year, and we’re by no means alone in that. But, we still have much to be thankful for, although it’s easy to lose sight of that. I’m fortunate to be surrounded by people and things that bring me joy, so it’s tough to stay glum for long.

And now, it’s Emerald time, as wonderful smells begin to waft through the house from the kitchen.

IMG_0898.jpg
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 11-26-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:16 PM
Charter Member

Yep, Happy Thanksgiving to all. Keeping playing and singing...
Old 11-26-2020, 06:45 PM
Guest 928

We are truly blessed. We have music and we have an incredible forum for international sharing. Thank you all for your contributions.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:40 PM

Thanks Captain for starting a wonderful thread, and Happy Thanksgiving to all here. I have a little saying, even if only internalizing it at times; you never have to look far to see someone in life who is going through something tougher than you. Myself and immediate family have somehow miraculously dodged this COVID thing so far. This is true even though I'm an essential worker and my kids have been in a hybrid learning pattern where they have been at risk with in person learning.

I have recently lost my parents pre-pandemic, and while it chokes me up on days like today, I can only think about all those who couldn't even tell their loved ones goodbye because of this situation. That would be unbearable, I can't even imagine it. This forum is the only social networking I really do and I enjoy it a lot. Like you guys, I love carbon fiber guitars and I learn so much here. Keep the NGDs, photos, jokes, and glimpses into your journey with all of your cutting edge instruments- there are some really great people here!
Old 11-26-2020, 10:32 PM

we had our son and a friend of my wife's over and did the social distancing outdoor Thanksgiving (there are still some advantages to living in NorCal!) My wife's friend asked me to play some tunes, so I brought out the Rainsong Shorty and played five or ten instrumentals. I'm now too stuffed to move...

Like @Steelvibe, I lost my parents in September (my mom died 9/1 and my dad 9/2) - they're in Wisconsin, so I hadn't seen them since January. I shan't be sorry to see 2020 in the rear-view mirror..
Old 11-26-2020, 10:57 PM

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada to everyone south of the border. I hope you all have the best day possible during these difficult times. I myself, am thankful that 2020 is almost over.
I am thankful for this forum and all the great people here. A big thank you to Scott, (a.k.a. Methos1979) for hosting the AGF open mic on zoom every couple of weeks. It has been a lot of fun and I’m thankful for the new friends I’ve made there.
Dan
Fender Ukelele

https://youtube.com/channel/UC7aq_u2nyCgtIPffgyWob1A

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber