The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-14-2020, 01:13 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilusaco View Post
Yes I did all of that. It was a 4GB card I even tried 2 different cards. Also I used one of those cards to reload 2.00 and it worked fine.
Please send a support request to us and we'll get your issue resolved.
James May Engineering
maker of the Ultra Tonic Pickup
Old 12-14-2020, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

Thank you for that explanation, James. I was in the hi-fi business many years ago, so I have a basic understanding of Fletcher-Munson. (Remember "loudness" controls on stereo hi-fi receivers of the day?) So, that had occurred to me as a contributing factor. But I think what I experienced was the physics of a loud acoustic guitar overwhelmed by bass. So I can see how your new mitigation control would help the problem … and without impacting other frequency ranges.

And that's great news concerning more clarity in the mids and highs, too.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:26 AM

Hi all, I am new to the forum. I just wanted to express my appreciation to James May for creating this amazing device. The latest firmware is a huge improvement to an already great product. I created a few files using an Se8 quickly before a gig on Saturday night and was grinning like a maniac all night. I gave my guitar to my musical cohort to play for me while I walked around the room for a listen. He says “ Put some guitar in the foldback”, I tell him that there is plenty there, it’s just that you’re not used to hearing an acoustic guitar sound like itself plugged in. Very happy. Thank you.

Steve
Old 12-17-2020, 05:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilusaco View Post
I downloaded V2.00 11/29/20 everything went well. have been using it without issues. Today I downloaded V2.01 and after the download it said 2.00 then ERR.
download another file and installed again with same results. Reinstalled V2.00 again and all is working but is V2.00. Anyone know what might be wrong?
I had similar glitches, but it worked in the end. Had to get a new $10 card reader with a usb-c plug, as i think the adapter cable (cheap amazon model) seemed to corrupt the transfer. Those cards and their readers arent exactly the epitome of quality control! Very finicky.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 12-17-2020, 12:13 PM

I'll pick up a new card and try it. All my cards were previously used in game cameras and have been used and formatted several times.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:44 PM

If your SD card is larger than 32GB, you may need a third-party tool to format it as FAT32. If you do a search for "FAT32 format tool" you'll find several available for free.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium

Last edited by phcorrigan; 12-17-2020 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Updated information for greater accuracy.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:29 AM

Hi James, and the rest of you fellas. I have a question or 2 if you don't mind.
I have a LEFTY Taylor T5z that I use doing my solo and 2 piece gigs. I did not care for the "acoustic" sounds or the acoustic setting....so I had a Seymour Duncan Wavelength installed under the saddle. This Piezo runs on 2 AA Batteries, and is supposed to give a better and less "piezo/quacky" sound. I will say that it sounds more acoustic (by far) than the Taylor Acoustic Setting on the T5z. But, I have heard a few clips of the Tone Dexter, and I am completely blown away with the sound quality. So..here we go;
Can you get or buy or whatever...IRs or whatever they would be called? I don't have a Martin or a Gibson or Taylor ACOUSTIC (or a proper recording microphone) to make my own tone/sound. Do you guys know what I mean? Can I get (or does the Tone Dexter possibly come with) what I want? Is what I want possible?
Thank you very much for your time, gents.
Tommy

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification