The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-02-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
I’m all for keeping DST as the standard. I’ll also be fine if it stays as it is now.
I see Big Time has gotten to you.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:46 PM

The time zones were originally for the benefit of the railroads. Michigan was already in the western end of the ET zone, then they threw in DST. The western end of the U.P. is still dark at 10A.M. I'd prefer if the whole state was put in the CT zone and then leave it alone! Nation wide the preference is leave it alone, but then it breaks 50/50 on DST 100% or not.

Fog
Old 11-03-2020, 09:40 AM
AGF Sponsor

I think this gives me more time to start eating earlier in the morning.

Tim gets up earlier and begins putzing in the shop right away just like any other day of the year and he still eats his favorite chocolate nightly and falls in and out of asleep in his favorite chair throughout the evening. DST does not deter his life.

What's NOT fair about the DST is I gain his weight!

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

Has it been a week yet? It hasn't bothered me in the least. I'm just saying ......

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

Last edited by Mr. Jelly; 11-05-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jelly View Post
Has it been a week yet? It hasn't bothered me in the least. I just saying ......
For most people, I believe, this time change is the pleasant one. I've certainly been enjoying the extra hour. It's the loss of an hour that causes me grief.

My dog is still messed up, and is currently looking for her 1:00 meal (it's 11:42 am right now). I've been staggering the time, but she isn't buying it.

My wife is an early riser, and she is still getting up an hour early at like 5am.

How are you doing, Dru?
Old 11-05-2020, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
For most people, I believe, this time change is the pleasant one. I've certainly been enjoying the extra hour. It's the loss of an hour that causes me grief.

My dog is still messed up, and is currently looking for her 1:00 meal (it's 11:42 am right now). I've been staggering the time, but she isn't buying it.

My wife is an early riser, and she is still getting up an hour early at like 5am.

How are you doing, Dru?
Why can't your dog eat at 11:42? Is there something special about 1:00?

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/
Old 11-05-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllink View Post
Why can't your dog eat at 11:42? Is there something special about 1:00?
Our dog can eat at any time, that's for sure. She's an older golden labrador, on some medication, and she gets 3 meals a day. So one at 7 am, one at 1pm, and one at 6 pm. The problem with feeding her at 11:42 is that she will want to eat again at 4:30 (or whatever), and then it's a long stretch until morning, and she'll start pacing around at 5am, time to get up, hint, hint. So it's just a matter of spacing things out in a reasonable fashion.

However, I raised that not to complain about my hungry dog, but rather to point out how animals can be affected by the time change. Or confused by it, in this case. My feeling is that humans are similarly confused, but because we often aren't that in touch with our biorhythms, we sluff it off as job stress, or lack of exercise, or needing a new pillow, or whatever.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:

How are you doing, Dru?
Hey mc1, I'm doing good. The time change didn't mess me up, although I'm awake up at 5am now. I just have my first cup of coffee at 7am instead of 8am and then start working from home. The good news is that my home office has the morning sun shining through some large windows. Guessing that will help with the January 'blahs' with that vitamin D.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:34 PM

Old 11-10-2020, 02:32 PM

lol - I'm also depressed now because I have to wait another hour to go to the can.

Quote:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic