The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-13-2020, 05:54 AM

We just finished “Queens Gambit” last evening.
Excellent!

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 11-13-2020, 06:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren_WarEagle View Post
Schitt’s Creek is a favorite! Queen’s Gambit is excellent, and so is The Mandalorian. Anxiously awaiting the season 4 premiere of The Crown this weekend.
I enjoyed Queen’s Gambit. I didn’t know the Crown was coming back this weekend! I’ll try not to binge the whole series.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 11-13-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
I enjoyed Queen’s Gambit. I didn’t know the Crown was coming back this weekend! I’ll try not to binge the whole series.

Sunday is the big day! I’m going to *try* and stretch out the new season this time, but I have a feeling I’m going to binge.

Old 11-13-2020, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

We have 1.5 episodes remaining on "Queen's Gambit." And I've been re-watching "The Crown" with my wife, so she will be caught up to watch Season 4.

I watched "I'm Thinking Of Ending Things" on the plane this week. I really like Charlie Kaufman's work, and this is a very daring film to make with some great acting performances. I'm pretty sure I got it, but I almost need to see it again to figure out what I saw. This film is not for everyone.

I'm also watching the new season of "Fargo" on FX. But between the new season and "...Ending Things," I'm tempted to re-watch the earlier seasons (David Thewlis is in both). This also reminds me that I need to finish watching FX's "Hannibal" (only got through the first of three seasons).
Old 11-13-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
Copied from Wiki:

In November 2019, it was reported that a potential third season had been put on indefinite hold until Fincher finished working on his next film, Mank. Fincher plans to make five seasons. In January 2020, Netflix announced that the cast had been released from their contracts and that the series was on indefinite hold, as Fincher was busy with other projects. A Netflix spokesperson stated, "He may revisit Mindhunter again in the future, but in the meantime felt it wasn't fair to the actors to hold them from seeking other work while he was exploring new work of his own." In October 2020, Fincher confirmed the series was done for now, and a Netflix spokesperson said that a third season may be possible "maybe in five years".

Some new AGF member can bump this thread in 2025 when the show gets revived, ha!
I can understand releasing the actors but why not go with another producer? Sounds like the show is done. Can't see getting the same actors and hitting that same vibe in 5 years. Too bad.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic