The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

Good advice by everyone who say get a 2 button looper for performance. All good advice on the Ditto X2 as well.

Just another looper to consider, the EHX 720 looper. It has the 2 buttons, plenty of record time and the ability to store 10 or 11 loops. I personally only keep 1 drum pattern stored. All other loops are done on the fly. It's a good sounding, easy to use unit.
Good luck in your search.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelhunn View Post
Looking for a simple looper for home use. Ditto and the boss rc1 are the two I’m considering. Any input?
Hi jh

I'm going to add to the 'two button' model part of the discussion.

If all you ever do is sit at home and loop, then a single button is all you need.

If you ever need to go public, a two button is far better. I use a two button (and Old Boss RC-20XL I've had for about 15 years. Fun to experiment, great for monitoring sound checks while I go out in the house to listen to the main PA, and good accompaniment tool (for capturing a track to solo over later in a song).

The second button expands capability and usefulness. You can stand on the stop button till it clears the memory. With the single button models, you have to remember to do that when you stop the track, or else you'll be starting the track to start it again.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 06-19-2019, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

For me, loopers that have buttons feel more precise than pedals.

Of them all, I like the Ditto X2... too, but I just got a Zoom G3n for £60.00 on eBay, because the looper in that is plenty for me as a practice tool, plus it has effects and EQ to play around with.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Good advice by everyone who say get a 2 button looper for performance. All good advice on the Ditto X2 as well.

Just another looper to consider, the EHX 720 looper. It has the 2 buttons, plenty of record time and the ability to store 10 or 11 loops. I personally only keep 1 drum pattern stored. All other loops are done on the fly. It's a good sounding, easy to use unit.
Good luck in your search.
I agree. I suggested the 720, along with a photo of it, in post #5.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi jh

I'm going to add to the 'two button' model part of the discussion.

If all you ever do is sit at home and loop, then a single button is all you need.

If you ever need to go public, a two button is far better. I use a two button (and Old Boss RC-20XL I've had for about 15 years. Fun to experiment, great for monitoring sound checks while I go out in the house to listen to the main PA, and good accompaniment tool (for capturing a track to solo over later in a song).

The second button expands capability and usefulness. You can stand on the stop button till it clears the memory. With the single button models, you have to remember to do that when you stop the track, or else you'll be starting the track to start it again.

Good point. I found the single button loopers annoying because there's always a bit of the loop played before you have a chance to hold down the button long enough to clear the loop.

That single issue is plenty to make it worth getting a two button looper.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:52 PM

I've got an RC-1 and an extra foot switch for when I feel the need. Compact and optionally more capable, but with a little practice the extra footswitch is not really needed. It comes down to how much stuff you want to carry around versus how much practice your are willing to do.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 06-19-2019, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
I agree. I suggested the 720, along with a photo of it, in post #5.
We are in agreement You beat me to it!
Btw, love that f hole guitar, what is it?
Old 06-19-2019, 06:32 PM

I love my Ditto X2. Use it a lot on my gigs.

One issue I had was that if you accidentally hit one of the little toggles while playing, it’s ugly!!

I addressed this by fixing a few washers over each toggle.

IMG_0819.jpg

2010 Taylor 814ce
2008 Taylor 816ce
2008 Taylor 426ce LTD (Tasmanian blackwood)

LR Baggs Venue
Ditto X2 Looper
TC Helicon H1 Harmony Pedal
Allen & Heath ZED 10FX
LD Systems Maui 11 G2
Galaxy PA6BT Monitor
iPad with OnSong
JBL EON ONE Compact (typically only used as a backup)

My Facebook Music Page
My YouTube Page
Old 06-20-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
We are in agreement You beat me to it!
Btw, love that f hole guitar, what is it?
I build most of the stuff I play. This one was the result of a friend that handed me a new in box Seymour Duncan 59 humbucker that he bought many years ago and had no use for. I told him I'd figure out something to do with it. I designed the slot head hollow body around it and it's been such a blast to play that I still haven't torn in down to apply the body finish yet.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:14 PM

Default Donner Looper Deluxe

Does anyone have any experience with this looper, (or any Donner products for that matter !)?

https://www.amazon.com/Donner-Deluxe...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Old 08-15-2019, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
I build most of the stuff I play. This one was the result of a friend that handed me a new in box Seymour Duncan 59 humbucker that he bought many years ago and had no use for. I told him I'd figure out something to do with it. I designed the slot head hollow body around it and it's been such a blast to play that I still haven't torn in down to apply the body finish yet.

You have a talent for building a beautiful guitar
Old 08-15-2019, 04:09 PM

I have the Boss RC-3 and would echo the "don't buy a single button looper" pedal. The only thing that saves me with the RC3 is that I had a Boss FS-6 switch which kind of gives me the same features as a 2 button pedal.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS
Old 08-15-2019, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelhunn View Post
Looking for a simple looper for home use. Ditto and the boss rc1 are the two I’m considering. Any input?
Using one button is vert tricky until you get very used to it.

As a first looper I suggest getting a two-button pedal.

000-15 / GC7 / GA3-12 / SB2-C / SB2-Cp / AVC-11MHx / AC-240

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification