The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-21-2021, 09:37 AM

Default Elite Acoustics D6-58 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrome View Post
Would be lovely if we could hear a recording of it! There are barely any videos of the D6-58 around and even the official ones are kinda lacklustre...

I agree. The videos on YouTube are all that sort of California DADGAD thing which isn’t really my cup of tea. It is also hard to get the sound of an amp in the room in a way that does it justice. Believe me though, for just singing and playing regular songs, it does sound fantastic.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I agree. The videos on YouTube are all that sort of California DADGAD thing which isn’t really my cup of tea. It is also hard to get the sound of an amp in the room in a way that does it justice. Believe me though, for just singing and playing regular songs, it does sound fantastic.
I've never heard modern-fingerstyle referred to as "California DADGAD" but it's so spot-on.

That's no knock on anybody or anything, it's like the "Laurel Canyon" scene or anything like that. But there's a lot of dudes doing fingerstyle in DADGAD from CA or Canada. Plenty of other tunings too but that's homebase.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic
Old 07-21-2021, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrErikJ View Post
I've never heard modern-fingerstyle referred to as "California DADGAD" but it's so spot-on.

That's no knock on anybody or anything, it's like the "Laurel Canyon" scene or anything like that. But there's a lot of dudes doing fingerstyle in DADGAD from CA or Canada. Plenty of other tunings too but that's homebase.

LOL! Yeah, I’m not slamming that style of music, but I never would have bought the amp from listening to the YouTube demos. Aaron’s video is more what I like.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:20 PM

I am really loving this amp. So far I’m just playing it at home, but it is just wonderful. At the volumes I am playing, pretty much the same as the D6-8, but maybe a hair fuller in the low frequency range. The D6-8 already sounded very good. There certainly is a bit more headroom. The wood casing is just beautiful! I can’t imagine anyone not being ecstatically happy with it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification