The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-23-2018, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

I like it!
Old 08-23-2018, 08:53 AM
Guest 928

Darn! Sorry about those big words--just got to IJKs in the dictionary and I thought they look pretty good.

Anyway, come on Mr. K--you can take the images of the two guitars in Wicked's arsenal and put them together for a nice still-life. Be nice, serve your many fans and your poor old uncle. PULESE!
Old 09-18-2018, 11:09 PM

Alright....... now I've got the X30 bug but my X20 veneer is already cut and won't fit. So I'm doing the sensible, rational, adult, financially responsible thing and ordering an X30 custom Padauk also.

Which I'm pretty excited about.

But I won't need two, so y'all can look forward (maybe? probably?) to one of them going up for sale once they're both on site.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byudzai View Post
Alright....... now I've got the X30 bug but my X20 veneer is already cut and won't fit. So I'm doing the sensible, rational, adult, financially responsible thing and ordering an X30 custom Padauk also.

Which I'm pretty excited about.

But I won't need two, so y'all can look forward (maybe? probably?) to one of them going up for sale once they're both on site.
My bet is that you will love them both so much that you put your Sable up for sale instead.
Lindsay Marcus D - Sitka/Madi RW

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tom Sands Model S (Crystal) - Italian/Fiddleback Hog
Old 09-19-2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
My bet is that you will love them both so much that you put your Sable up for sale instead.
Definitely crossed my mind -- I suspect I'll keep the Sable because it's not glossy, not beautiful, it's grippy on the back and sides; it's a great battle guitar, impervious to elements and oblivious to scratches/dents/blemishes.

I want to get crystal ice on the back/sides of my Emeralds so bad, but Kevin basically refuses, and I admit the gloss is pretty.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Definitely crossed my mind -- I suspect I'll keep the Sable because it's not glossy, not beautiful, it's grippy on the back and sides; it's a great battle guitar, impervious to elements and oblivious to scratches/dents/blemishes.

I want to get crystal ice on the back/sides of my Emeralds so bad, but Kevin basically refuses, and I admit the gloss is pretty.
The gloss is very pretty. Eventhough its gloss, it is also a great battle guitar, impervious to elements and oblivious to scratches/dents/blemishes. You might even keep all 3 as they are different sizes and compliments each other. I don't see any overlap here.
Lindsay Marcus D - Sitka/Madi RW

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tom Sands Model S (Crystal) - Italian/Fiddleback Hog
Old 09-19-2018, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
The gloss is very pretty. Eventhough its gloss, it is also a great battle guitar, impervious to elements and oblivious to scratches/dents/blemishes. You might even keep all 3 as they are different sizes and compliments each other. I don't see any overlap here.
But minimalism! The simple life! (Hahah... what are those?)

I'm sitting working watching the clock till Emerald opens (I work nights) and Kevin sends me some X30 veneer choices.

Blessings to Emerald for filling our lives with such guitar jewelry minus the heart and backache of humidification etc.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:18 AM

So let’s see now... a padauk 20 and 30 ...and a Sable.... just plain crazy...I don’t even have a padauk 20.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-19-2018, 07:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
So let’s see now... a padauk 20 and 30 ...and a Sable.... just plain crazy...I don’t even have a padauk 20.
So, now you have a goal to shoot for.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
So, now you have a goal to shoot for.
Good to have goals... my goal is to have a goal.... guess I'm good then
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-19-2018, 06:10 PM
Guest 928

One of my mentors used to tell me that you could not talk about success until you had goals established. So, my nephew, have you ordered your padauk 20? Keep us posted. I look forward to your success. Family pride, you know.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:30 AM

BOOM there it is! I think the color variant and flow of this is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazeballs.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:21 AM

It’s interesting how that photo of the finished Padauk looks so close to exactly like mine. Just noticin’.

Last edited by kramster; 09-20-2018 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
BOOM there it is! I think the color variant and flow of this is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazeballs.

That is going to be a knock-out!

If 2017 was the year of the cocobolo woody, 2018 will be padauk!
Old 12-19-2018, 11:12 PM

Just checking in to see if you got your guitars yet and if you’d be selling one. Veneers look amazing though!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber