The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-11-2019, 04:42 PM

Default CF in or near Lincoln, NE?

I’m in Lincoln, NE and have had no luck finding anyone local with a CF guitar, either for sale or just to play. The weather gets very cold and dry here in the winter; I’d like to pack up my wood guitars and play a CF from now until spring. In fact, I’ve listed several wood guitars (See signature below) for sale on AGF in an effort to reduce the number of wood guitars on hand and to fund the purchase of a CF guitar (most likely an X7 or X20, although I’m open to other makes and models).

Is anyone in the Lincoln or Omaha area and willing to let a fellow AGFer come by and spend a little time with your CF guitar(s)? I’m a three hour drive from Kansas City and would make that drive if necessary.

Thanks.

1935 Supertone/Harmony Round Hole Archtop
1936 Regal Junior Jumbo (Double X brace conversion)
1952 Martin 00-28g
1962 Guyatone ES335 copy
1992 Dana Davis/Melbourne L00
2018 Emerald X20
2019 Rob Collins/Tin Guitar Tenor Ukulele
2021 Ibanez AELFF10NT

Misc.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:37 AM
Charter Member

FWIW I posed the idea to Kevin @ Emerald Guitars just yesterday that they "set up" a network of contented customers who would be willing to show their Emeralds to interested potential customers. Emerald would maintain a database and match those interested in purchasing or least trying out an Emerald with those who own them based on geography and guitar model. My plan would offer the "Demonstrators" a modest commission if the demonstration results in a sale. The commission could be in the form of dollars or a credit toward an Emerald. Kevin said he was going to pass it on to Alistair so if you like the idea, email Kevin/Alistair with your thoughts...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber