The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-10-2019, 07:28 PM

Default Boss ve 8 info, please

I am using a Boss VE 8 and have found that the vocal enhancements are affecting the guitar channel. I turn everything off on the guitar side and I still have the difficulty. If I plug the guitar into the mixer direct it seems fine. Any hints? Or might this be the norm?
Old 11-10-2019, 08:50 PM

Are you saying you can set something like distortion on the vocal channel, and your guitar then has the vocal distortion applied to it? If so, no, I’ve never set it up to do that. Not sure how it may be set to do so, but...if you aren’t worried about presets worst case scenario you can factory reset. Then build from the ground up again.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:59 AM

Ahhh...I have not tried the factory reset. I will. I had thought the issue was mic bleed (picking up the guitar sounds and running it through the vocal side) but that has not been the case.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:02 PM

Unplug your mic from the chord and try again. If this cures, its mic bleed. I have a similar issue with my Play Acoustic. I practice in my bonus room over the garage. I have low, angled ceilings which bounce sound all over. If I try to create presets and set my guitar eq with the mic plugged in, it sounds horrible.

This rarely present a problem when I play out. If it does happen, I change mics Or turn down the mic gain.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
This rarely present a problem when I play out. If it does happen, I change mics Or turn down the mic gain.
My first thought when I read the question was it's coming through the mic.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:26 AM

I do not think it is mic bleed. I thought that it was but when I plug the instrument direct to mixer (not thru the VE 8) the sound is nice and clear. If the instrument is connected to the VE 8 it sounds as if the vocal side is trying to apply effects to the instrument.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification