The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 03-29-2019, 09:57 PM

Default Jackson Browne in Memphis

I saw Jackson Browne last night in Memphis and thought it was a great concert. It was a 4 person show, Jackson and Greg Leisz and vocalists Alethea Mills and Chavonne Stewart.
I reflected today that his concerts maybe are "performances" more than they are "shows." He interacted with the audience, changing the order of his set to take some off the wall requests (shouted of course).
I couldn't have enjoyed the show more. I ordered a "Saturate before Using" T-shirt out of the back of Rolling Stone to support some anti-nuke cause when I was in high school. His show was true, completely in character, and showed just how well Jackson can still sing.
I'm still happy today.
He sported an electric guitar that is clearly a unique instrument. I found a picture on the internet but no info. I wonder if anyone here has any information about this guitar.
Go see him if you have the chance!!
This is a picture of the guitar:
JBelectric.jpg
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....
Old 03-29-2019, 10:11 PM
Charter Member

It’s a custom partscaster made by Old town guitar shop in LA. It’s wormy chestnut top and had a dearmond and I believe he’s changed it for one from an old Martin electric, but he have had another one made, not sure. Super cool guitar!
Old 03-29-2019, 10:19 PM

Jackson has scaled down his touring/performing equipment a lot in recent years. Back in the 90's he would rent out a theatre in Santa Barbara, for up to a month rehearsing many hours a day and he kept it open to the public, prior to going out on tour. That was still his large-band days. Now it is more personal but you really see/hear him and it's a lot different than it used to be. You see the whole and real deal with a trio-size group.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:44 PM

We really wanted to see him this time around but some medical appointments and a death in the family made it impossible. Would have been in Memphis or Nashville. Anyway howdy neighbor.....live up the road in UC. We were in Germantown the other day.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

Great show, terrific writer.

My fave is his solo shows. He'll sit there and someone will yell out a tune and he'll go, "Oh yeah," and run to the piano and do it. Always a wonderful evening.

sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN