The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 07-13-2021, 04:13 PM
Charter Member

Default Good Podcast Alert!

I somewhat randomly came across a new-to-me podcast called Cocaine & Rhinestones: the History of Country Music. It goes back to 2017 so I am obviously a bit late to the dance. I've listened to a few of the many episodes so far and find them to be very interesting and extremely deep in terms of research and thinking about the genre. The host uses lots of music clips to illustrate points but there's not much full song play. It's one of those "ya don't have to be into the genre to appreciate the stories and information" and it is pretty well produced. The end of each episode is what the host calls his "liner notes" wherein he cites his references, what he learned from them, and whether they are worth checking out.

Definitely worth a listen!
Old 07-16-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
I somewhat randomly came across a new-to-me podcast called Cocaine & Rhinestones: the History of Country Music. It goes back to 2017 so I am obviously a bit late to the dance. I've listened to a few of the many episodes so far and find them to be very interesting and extremely deep in terms of research and thinking about the genre. The host uses lots of music clips to illustrate points but there's not much full song play. It's one of those "ya don't have to be into the genre to appreciate the stories and information" and it is pretty well produced. The end of each episode is what the host calls his "liner notes" wherein he cites his references, what he learned from them, and whether they are worth checking out.

Definitely worth a listen!
I get the Rhinestones in the title but Cocaine? Beer, truck, cow sure but cocaine?
Old 07-16-2021, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

Here is one perspective on the subject:

https://www.serenitymaliburehab.com/...erences-genre/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN