The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-05-2021, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Default A spouse appreciation thread

I noticed in our email this morning that my wife ordered this hoodie for me. It's nice to have a spouse that understands you. Though I do listen to her, really.

How about you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g.jpg (28.0 KB, 498 views)
Old 03-05-2021, 01:06 PM

Thumbs up Yup

That is terrific...and so true
Old 03-05-2021, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

I just sent that pic to my whole family lol

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 03-05-2021, 01:19 PM

Love it! Do they have an acoustic version?

scott
Old 03-05-2021, 01:28 PM
Charter Member

My wife buys me M&M dispensers. Then I doctor them up .....
Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210305_112310372_HDR.jpg (38.4 KB, 455 views)
Old 03-05-2021, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Great hoodie!
True statement (at least some of the time)

My wife is a good one, she's always saying just get it...
Old 03-05-2021, 01:36 PM
Resident Guitar Hack

Love it! Great to have a supportive spouse. My wife gave me the guitar that started me on this journey (a D-28) as my retirement gift. She has smiled her way through the parade of guitars that have flowed through here ever since. And now she’s buying me a Jimmy Edmonds custom build for my 70th B-day this year.

Gotta love supportive spouses!

Old 03-05-2021, 01:49 PM

My wife is really great about my guitars! She has bought me a couple, and gets upset when I sell one. She also thinks I'm an awesome player. That is sort of a two-edged sword though... on one hand it is flattering, but the problem is she tells everyone how great I am, and then it's kind of embarrassing when they hear me play, because I'm not at all.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:52 PM
Charter Member

My sister told me she'd bought her husband a shirt with that
hoodie's design on it...

My wife has a funny hat...

-Mike
Old 03-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Charter Member

Great thread. My wife is very gracious and has been fully aware and supportive of all of my guitars and other instrument or gear purchases. She's amazing.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Charter Member

My wife doesn't care about guitars, doesn't want to talk about them more than ten minutes a day and doesn't want to see what I just bought. Works for me. She did give me a set of beer glasses with iconic vintage guitars on them for Christmas but they have to stay down in the bar..

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/
Old 03-05-2021, 05:43 PM

My wife is a professional bookkeeper/accountant who handles all our finances, so she’s always been involved in my musical spending, but she has a great approach to it—she basically acts as an investment counselor who works with me to make sure that I know how I’m going to pay for things and that I’m spending wisely to meet long-term needs and goals. We met by working together in a band, so she gets it.
Martin D12X1AE
LaPatrie CW Concert
Old 03-05-2021, 06:55 PM

Smile

I've been through over 75 guitars in the last 20 years, so having big brown boxes show up on my first porch is not at all unusual, and for most of those guitars, my wife had seemed to be completely oblivious to each and every one of them. Or so I thought . . .

Then I purchased an old parlor guitar off EBAY, you know, the kind with the mother-of-toilet-seat fingerboard and Hawaiian scene stenciled on the front. When it arrived, I decided after playing it for a week or two that I really didn't care for it that much after all, and re-sold it on EBAY.

That evening after I had shipped it, my wife comes home from work, walks into the living room and says, "Where is that cute little guitar with the shiny neck and pretty island scene on the front? When I told her I had sold it, she got very upset with me, and said, "How in the world could you sell such a pretty little guitar, I can't believe you did that!" I was completely floored and remained in the dog house for days.

The next week I scoured the internet until I found an identical guitar, proceeded to overpay for it at a dealer site, and had it shipped to me. I held on to it for another few days and then gave it to her as a Valentines Day present - along with flowers of course.

She was absolutely ecstatic and now that guitar, "her guitar", sits proudly in our living room on a stand where she can see it every time she walks by. Understand, she doesn't know a lick about playing a guitar, nor does she want to, but that episode gave her some insight into why I find so much joy in guitars and their various shapes, sizes, tonewoods, and most importantly, their personalities.

Now when I get a new guitar, she'll say something like "Oh, that's pretty wood, what kind is that?" ,or, "How old is it?" ,or, "It looks a bit smaller than some of the others, is that a parlor guitar?"

Fortunately, she doesn't ask, "Oh, how much did that one cost?", because that would start a whole 'nuther discussion.

Last edited by spock; 03-05-2021 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:00 PM
Guest 33123

I met my beautiful, smart and kind-hearted wife of 21 years at a gig. She is endlessly supportive of my playing and related obsessions. The only time she gets cross with me is when I sell stuff (don't buy at retail and sell at wholesale) so I haven't sold anything since 2016!
Old 03-05-2021, 08:37 PM

Great logo and a great partner!

My wife told me today that she thinks I should buy an electric instead of any more acoustics. I think she is trying to trick me! I posted in another thread that she recently gave me a budget and told me to buy a nice guitar. I came home with 2 less expensive ones. She said I wasn't honoring the spirit of the agreement. I explained that I was well under budget and still had a couple of more to go! She thinks I will be distracted with the electric and only buy one more. Little does she know I was already thinking of that Marshall 1959HW to go with it.

I do appreciate that my partner is supportive and we have fun with it. If she ever does get critical, I will just tell her I am thinking about bringing home a classic car to rebuild in the garage!

Best,

Mac

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion