The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-04-2021, 05:42 PM

Default Little Martha and my dog

This is some noodling I did a couple weeks ago, wasn't really planning to record anything, and what I did get on video is kinda clunky, but I thought it was kinda nice and laid back, and there's some birds singing, so it has that going for it. Recorded with my Iphone and a cheap Iphone mic from Amazon. Side note: I used the Imovie app on my phone, and this is the recording, but somehow it looks like the audio/video is slightly out of sync. Anyway, thanks in advance for watching.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:27 PM

That was nice! I enjoyed that. I could get an impression of a girl and dog playing together.

What mic did you get and use for this?

Audio/video synching seems to often complicate and mess with posted videos. Witnessed that often. While watching/listening, your piece seemed in much better synch that a lot of others I have heard. I noticed it only because you mentioned it, and actually, didn’t really detect it being out of synch, though I’m out of synch in my brain already and everything is off.

Thanks for posting!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Gretsch G6120T-1960
Old 05-04-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtar View Post
That was nice! I enjoyed that. I could get an impression of a girl and dog playing together.

What mic did you get and use for this?

Audio/video synching seems to often complicate and mess with posted videos. Witnessed that often. While watching/listening, your piece seemed in much better synch that a lot of others I have heard. I noticed it only because you mentioned it, and actually, didn’t really detect it being out of synch, though I’m out of synch in my brain already and everything is off.

Thanks for posting!
Thanks so much for listening Ishtar! I think it was this one
https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Pr.../dp/B0817NHGYC
It looks a little different but the specs and price match.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:15 PM

Nicely done. I liked the mix of tunes (always a sucker for Little Martha) and funny, I didn’t read your note before watching and thought ‘Are those birds? Cool!’

Well played. Thanks for sharing. (And as side note, not having read about the synch issues ahead of time, I didn’t notice anything.)

Cheers,

Dave
Old 05-05-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbitterdave View Post
Nicely done. I liked the mix of tunes (always a sucker for Little Martha) and funny, I didn’t read your note before watching and thought ‘Are those birds? Cool!’

Well played. Thanks for sharing. (And as side note, not having read about the synch issues ahead of time, I didn’t notice anything.)

Cheers,

Dave
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the kind words. I think I’m probably hyper sensitive to any glitch or bad notes when I video my playing, I tense up a lot when I know the camera is rolling.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell